Best Rebuildable for DIY Mixers trying 5+ flavours a day?

Hey team, I’m looking for some knowledge on RDAs and the likes. I’m in need of something where I can vape a mL or so then change the coil/wick as to have a completely clean flavour experience. Constantly buying new coils and pods is looking to be unsustainable for me but I dont want to let that get in the way of my DIY. I have no prior knowledge of these type of tanks/devices so would like something relatively easy to work with or easy to learn. I have good mechanical comprehension but would like something that doesnt take too much thought to keep changing. I currently have about 15 or so flavours that I dont want to try with my current tank and coil because after I vaped a Mothers Milk clone through it I CANNOT get rid of the creams lingering in the cotton and no matter what I vape through it I can taste cream mixed with whatever else has been added. Cheers in advance and hope everyone is having a nice day!

6 Likes

Look for an older style RDA with velocity deck and use 2 lollypop coils as @Dan_the_Man demos in his video

11 Likes

Such good advice mate! :grin:

8 Likes

@woftam thanks for a speedy reply man! Will look into that :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Awesome quick video @Dan_the_Man love the phat cloud fading into the peace sign at the end! Definitely gonna try track down something like that, that’s exactly the sort of thing I’ve been looking for. Life since jumping on this forum a week or so ago has been much easier! Thanks everyone

7 Likes

A lot of RDAs are suitable for that purpose. Lollipop (aka stove top) coils are great if you know how to work with them but just like taste is subjective, you have fans and people that don’t like them.

There is a wide range of single coil “flavor bomb” RDAs (wasp nano, recurve, …) that are very easy and fast to rebuild too. There’s a much bigger choice in single coil RDAs on the market than RDAs that work with the stove tops the way Dan uses them. Depending on your experience with coils and wicking, you will have your personal preference because of taste, spitback, leaking, ease of build etc.

Since you have no experience with either type, I suggest you try both systems and see what works best for you. In the hardware/reviews section of this forum, you’ll find a range of reviews that can help you make a decision. I always look here and check out a couple YT reviews as well before I buy an atty.

9 Likes

One that I think works for your purposes is oumier wasp nano, small, easy and cheap.
Edit: Suomynona stepped forward, and better

7 Likes

I like this one too. MTL or restricted DL with very good flavor and very little cotton. It is also easy to change the cotton.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/DeepinMaker-BoomStick-Reaper.html

8 Likes

I have also read in some post, that you can make a coil, not spaced, and without cotton tasting a little juice. I have not tried it, it is something that I have pending …

5 Likes

You can but I never figured it out, you have to use the coil at a much lower wattage than you would with a wick in it, and I got close but I never could get it to taste right with juice I am familiar with so I couldn’t use it to try things I’m not familiar with…

@sjcloudz your best bet is probably just a single coil rda that’s easy to wick, I use an original tsunami(22) with a single coil for initial tests of new juices or sft’s, the ones that seem ready get moved to a couple other different drippers to see how they work across different wattage ranges. Also, it’s better to use simple round wire coils on your testing rda because they are faster and easier to clean in between tests than claptons will be.

5 Likes

nice little tank the boomstick.
I just scored one for $10 from a vape store that was closing down.
Does anyone know anywhere that has the lolly tool?
I cant find anyone with it still in stock?
Probably have to find a dead RDA to get one hey?
*edit “dread RDA”

5 Likes

I do it that way. Maybe I’m lazy. Since a small amount of juice is needed just taste it’s a fast way to test without wasting cotton.

6 Likes

The Wickless Coil

This is just an example though. Basically any fancy coil that has a lot of juice capacity (fused claptons, staggered claptons, staple staggerton, …) will do. The above example is just an easy one to make even for the less experienced coil makers.

To avoid any nasty experience, I recommend using stainless steel coils and temp control when using wickless coils.

10 Likes

Thanks Suomynona

5 Likes

Cheers for all the responses guys. I’ll have a look into them all when I’m home tonight and see what’s available at the mo and get something going!

6 Likes

thats pretty cool really.

4 Likes

Yes, but I believe it is the Dread RDA. There was another thread very similar to this one and that is how @authormichellehughes got one. Maybe she can tell you where she got it.

4 Likes

doh!, thats what i meant of course, my fat fingers, cheers

4 Likes

So I’m still looking to find any RDAs that have the Lollipop coils locally in NZ… will look at importing some as this COVID-19 business dies down. In the mean time I’m looking at a few other options that I will shoot links over for later today and get some feedback on. I’m definitely sold on the Lollipop coils just need something till I can get my hands on those.

This is the main one I am looking at, I think the cotton/wick would be easy enough to change in and out after each flavour based on the look of it and the coils arent too difficult to change but am wondering anyone here has any experience with ones like these.

2 Likes

Have you used the other Dead rabbits?
Haven’t used this one but have a different version. Only difference I see is a deeper well that will allow more juice. They are taste machines. Unfortunately they are hyped right now because of its new release. Even out of China they want full retail. I don’t buy anything till it’s on clearance.

4 Likes