Best rugged mods

Which one is the best rugged mod on the market right now? I’m in need of one that does TC very well.
I like the Jackaroo that just came out but how does it compare to the Aegis family? TC and battery life are the most important to me next to being strong and waterproof.

10 Likes

I want to know this too.the short of it, I am rough on my mods… dropsies, knocking over… submergence into h20, yeah… :crazy_face:

10 Likes

@anon28032772 this wont help you much as I don’t TC, but as far as rugged goes, I think Aegis has a corner on that market.

8 Likes

@anon28032772 Like I said on the other thread I don’t use TC much and I wasn’t sure what you meant by proper TC. But I played with it a bit on the weekend and one thing I noticed it didn’t keep telling me “no liquid” like most other modes I’ve used in TC.

I went for the jackaroo for the 21700 option. Battery life to me seems good, I’m getting about 250 puffs at 60w, 0.18 ohm. Which is comparable to the dual 21700 SC Hadron getting 450 puffs at 90w, 0.10 ohm.
I’m not sure if that’s the best way to describe battery life but I do keep track of this shit, like running the petrol almost dry in a car with no fuel gauge. Knowing how far you can push the line.

7 Likes

I picked one up… it might be at my door tomorrow… fingers crossed. :slight_smile:

I dont either… Im just simple… :wink:

5 Likes

Jackaroo: Nice feel-in-hand, awesome battery life with a 21700. TC is subpar and requires a lot of tinkering and then is inconsistent. I’ve been mainly using power mode and it works quite well there. I’ve been using it daily and I do like it.

Aegis Legend: Really nice hefty feel. It can get heavy in the pocket though. Power mode is great, battery life is decent. About the same as most dual mods. TC is a bit touchy and you’re better off in TCR mode. TC is not great, but better than the Jackaroo.

Aegis Solo: Love this one! It’s much lighter than the previos two, feels really good in-hand, and easily slips into a pocket without tugging at your pants. TC mode unfortunately is the same as the Legend. Battery life is decent.

I’ve vaped all of them using a Profile Unity SS mesh at 55 - 60W and a dual coil Pulse V2 with 28x3/36g SS coils at 80 - 85W. The only mods that are accurately reading the SS coils has been my DNA mods. TC on the above mods has been frustrating for me. I haven’t played around with the TCR settings too much because it’s easier to just slap it into power mode and chug away.

8 Likes

I think that is the one I picked up… if it is the 80 watt one… just the mod. I have enough tanks and drippers… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

The Solo takes a single 18650 and from memory is a 100 watt the aegis Mini has an internal battery and is an 80w mod

7 Likes

Yes its the internal battery, @woftam :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:
MFS is sending me out one with a few other things to try out. Looks like it will be here tomorrow. :slight_smile: :tada: :+1:

5 Likes

Get a good mech tube and stop sucking on the thing when it gets warm enough for you.

5 Likes

Dropped my Wotofo Recurve she took it like a champ - not a scratch or anything. Build like a tank. (only downside shes heavy) But she has a rubber type coating, I think that helped when she fell. Anyhoo’s Picked up another one, on the way. Unregulated Mech with protections up to a 21700. oh yea she Squonks also. :wink:

3 Likes

As posted in other threads, I have two Aegis legends, the solo, and the mini with the built in battery.
The Legend full size works the same as the littler ones, just has longer life due to the dual 18650s. The solo is the happy medium and I like being able to pop a battery off my charger at any time and run, and it’s size is so comfortable in the hand. The mini is actually my favorite overall, just because of its lighter weight and super portability for at work. But I have to remember to charge it, or charge it at work.
All of them have that rubber coating which keep them from sliding off your lap or console when driving.
And the main thing about them…
I did a dumb thing by putting two of my mods in an ice chest while shopping so they wouldn’t overheat in my car in the Phoenix summer. They tipped over and took a swim (I’m stupid) and the smok I-priv died immediately, but the Legend vaped immediately after I shook the ice water out of it.
I learned a lot that day.
And bought a man purse so I can carry my mods with me when shopping.
I got lucky and found a barely used legend with an aero tank for twenty bucks on an online classified site so now I have two!

3 Likes

I couldn’t make up my mind so I bought an Aegis Legend and a Jackaroo… guess I’ll be able to put them next to each other and see which one I like best :slight_smile:
Just thought it would be easier to have 2 mods in the field or at the beach as well. I’m always on the go with 2 mods anyways.

4 Likes