Best shortbread for Buttery?

wheat bread? you wanna vape a wheat bread? nawww how come?

3 Likes

I stuck to FA cookie n called it done. its steeping rn.
hope it turns out. im terrible with these profiles theyre hard…

6 Likes

For a wheat crust for a custard pie. Everyone does gram. Paired it with a walnut and it gave it a good molasses taste. The molasses disappeared in a weeks steep. The wheat is still there but the recipe still needs tuning.

7 Likes

I even have that odd flavor “molasses” i believe (TPA)
never used the thing but now im really into this
recipe by Krawnacabana called “Speculoos” there isnt one rating or comment other than the 5 stars i just gave it! but if you like a good spice vape… you have to try it!
i subbed 2 indgredients the biscuit I used great lakes instead of SSA and crisp waffle i used Capella wafer crunch.

Speculoos- by Krawnacabana (ladys remix)

Bakery spice blend (VTA) 0.30%
Biscuit (GLF) 1.50%
Chai Spice (FLV) 0.30%
Golden butter (CAP) 0.50%
Rich Cinnamon.(FLV) 0.10
Shortbread cookie (SSA) 2.80%
Sweetner (TPA) 0.60%
Wafer crunch (CAP) 1%

This recipe deserves alot of likes.
btw anyone got any suggestions on making a full on speculoos shortbread or mabye would caramel biscuit work here? i dont want to ruin it eiter with too many indgredients but dam its good!

6 Likes

Don’t let TZ see that

2 Likes

why? whats the issue there?

2 Likes

Im not apoligizing for complimenting someones work…
and Im really not sure what i did wrong here?
you cant be a shit disturber @joel n not back urself up!

2 Likes

The copy and pasted recipe

2 Likes

actually man I typed the entire thing out and i subbed indgredients if u bothered to actually look up the original recipe you would know.

2 Likes

well @joel speculoos by krawnacabana do ur research before shooting ur mouth off. no offense intended im blunt like that.

4 Likes

Why? Did I miss something?

4 Likes

ya, joel tried to tell me I copied and pasted a recipe but failed to check the original owners then mine first. not only did i give the owner the credit i changed indgredients and tweaked %'s and typed the entire recipe so idk what he was talking about…i didnt do anything wrong. i was complimenting krawnacabana s “Speculoos” recipe its freaking awesome! u should check it out if you like spices. i am floored no one else has tried it. i made it a 3rd time now and added some ssa caramel biscuit. im trying like hell to make a damn biscoff cookie. and that guys recipe is damn close.

9 Likes

I just might. Love bakery’s and I have only four or five mix’s that are always on my table and two are mine. There are so many recipes out there unless it’s has some publicity people don’t comment ( good or bad).

5 Likes

Hi @ladycrooks :slight_smile:
I’m glad you like my Speculoos. How can I help you with my recipe? What exactly do you want to improve or highlight differently?
I also experimented with CAP Wafer Crunch when making this. But decided to go with SSA Crisp Waffle because it creates a better aftertaste. You could possibly work with WF Crisp Wafer SC too. I do not know the GLF Biscuit. For Biscuit, JF is my way to go because it is better than INW in my opinion. If you want more cookie (especially biscoff) then try playing with graham cracker and use ssa crisp waffle. I wanted to create the illusion of imitating the taste of a speculoos cookie while chewing.

12 Likes

Welcome to ELR @chrow.

6 Likes

Hello, I think your recipe can’t be more perfect.
anytme ive tried anything to tweak it in any way…
it ends up taking away from it. So I have decided to leave it alone and just enjoy it the way it is! Nice job man! I guess you have heard me carrying on about it.
its freaking awesome!!! However I have been playing with cap wafer crunch and Inawera shortbread with different combinations. I also really like cap shortbread although alot of others arent big on it. I hope i will be able to make at least 1 good spiced vape like you have pulled off so nicely!!!

8 Likes

I thought the CAP Shortbread was really good, BUT, not as a shortbread, but more of a gingerbread, or pumpkin bread-ish flavor.

7 Likes

Leave it there, he deserves it! :rofl: MOF, he should be arrested! lmao

5 Likes