Bitter , soapy aftertaste , what is solution!

hi
after greeting

firstly I happy to join in DIY E - Juice mix , I have vaping 3 month ( 25-40 ml at 1mg/ml nic per day ) without any problem , I use TFA , FA , FW and Cap always ( 70/30 VG/PG ) steeping by ultrasonic 12 * 8 min = 2 week , and always drink too too much water , before 4 days my tank was spitting juice in my mouth but I was out of home and ignore it , then after day I have bitter taste it is really really bad feel and thing , when I vape the juice flavor good but after that I feel that taste in my mouth , now 3 days in this issue first and second day was little but today even when I drink water I taste same with water , today no vap and I smoke regular , I dont want back to smoke but this issue take me to smoke .
I hope it will be fine tomorrow
I went to doctor , and do x-ray for chest it is fine , he said maybe it is acid reflux , but after I quit smoking I got very little acid flux . I am too confused I dont know what should I do , I dont want gave up , smoking is very harmful .

update 1 :
I use Vinegar after I steep ejuice for smooth it , so maybe vinegar make juice bitter after 2 month or like that ?!!
update 2 :
10/5/2017 , thank for god , taste go away today , I think really as Mark_Turner said I swallow little juice that why taste in my mouth and I will be careful next time and I hope this not effect to my health .
thanks for all .
update 3 :
11/5/2017 , I remember something I was forget it , I was use plastic mouthpiece on griffin tank , also maybe with heating tank that plastic mouthpiece spit some chemical , I dont know , but that maybe happen .

thanks and sorry for my English language .

2 Likes

Sounds like you may ingesting your Eliquid. You will need to find a way to stop the Eliquid from being spit back in to your throat and swallowing it. I would recommend properly rewicking your atomomizer and turning up the wattage on your device if it is regulated.

3 Likes

I will try that , just I hope this taste go away soon
and yes I use Tarot pro mod
ss316 , 0.2 ohm
limitless rda and sometime geekvape griffin 25 tank

thanks Mr Mark

3 Likes

Maybe you have a dirty coil?

3 Likes

no it is clean and new

1 Like

Is it possible that you have too little wicking in your RDA’s? I only ask this because I had to wick both my Griffin and my Limitless a few times before I got them right. They can be tricky to wick. If the RTA’s are flooding this may increase the amount of spit back you get as you vape.

5 Likes

Where did you get your PG?
This is the 3rd time in less than a day that I hear someone complain about soapy tasting PG.

Makes me think that something else is going on here than spitback.

3 Likes

Too much wick and you can get spitback too. I really overdid it a bit with my last wick, took some time before I stopped tasting the cotton. I do get some spitback, the harder I inhale, the more spitback too.

Generally speaking, just turning down the power a bit works for me, or if it cracks and pops at low wattage/temp, turning it up may help (vaporize instead of boil the juice).

2 Likes

VG , PG and nicotine from Hiliq
butI think it is from spitting , I will check my coil build and see next two day

1 Like

Don’t use PG. Make your base from mostly VG.

Use 94% VG, 5% Distilled Water 1% Expensive Delicious Vodka.

3 Likes

there are so many variables when you get hit with one of these … i know cause i just had a recent one last week. drove me crazy… everything i vape was “salty” (not bitter and not spicy, these i know how to deal with … this time it was as if i’m vaping water from the sea … yuck!)

i had to clean all my tanks (the ones in use). disassemble and soak in hot water with little washing fluid for few hours. change coils using fresh-wrapped coils. check the cotton i use thinking it may have been exposed to something that got that nasty flavor to stick to the wicks. then check my mixes.

i ended up finding 2 things,
1 - i used some lower quality VG brand in couple of mixes few weeks ago - was just testing if i can change the VG… made few mixes and let them steep. it was one of the mixes i was vaping. and it upset my ballets … it went down the drain.

2 - one of my tanks (EXO RTA) has a space below the deck (the deck is changeable) that keeps some leaked juice. when i clean the tank, i always miss cleaning that place. so any other juice i put in there even after fresh coil and wick, still gets some of that nasty salty with the air flow…

there are many other possibilities … but i would suggest to check each and every component - wires, o-rings, cotton, clean tanks, change juice, try a mix with other VG and nic…etc.
try a different juice in a different tank. if you have some ready-made juice you bought and vaped before and know how it tastes, try that to see if the issue is in your tank or actually in your tongue. drink up some black coffee or lemonade to “reset” … it’s not a vapor-tongue, but i found it worse when one of these episodes happen… good luck!

3 Likes

You might try 50/50 VG PG everyone swears by the VG but I personally have found my mixes smoother with a 50/50 mix. I think VG is harsh but that’s just my opinion.

3 Likes

@alostoora I add distilled water to my recipes but at a low 1%. You can go higher but often times water in juice is blamed for spitting/popping. Your VG may already have some water as some suppliers sell VG with added water. It would be labeled “Aqueous VG”. If your VG product label says this do not add any additional water to your recipes. Also VG and PG will adsorb water from the air, so make sure they are always sealed.

2 Likes

I will try it , but I need to get nic VG base …
thanks…

1 Like

I’m oversensitive to PG so no, I don’t use any PG. All the PG i’m getting is from my flavors.
I don’t see the need for distilled water or alcohol in my juices, so thanks but no thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

BTW always listen to @Maureeenie. I also don’t use PG and I use nic in VG, but the addition of water and alcohol replace the “flavor carrier” effect commonly delivered by PG

1 Like

a very remote possibility but worth checking… if you have any issue with your teeth or gums - sort of infection, or inflammation … these can also cause an after-taste … i’m not a doctor, but been there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I went to the doctor , no problem in my mouth .

That is much too high of a level of responsibility for the kids.

3 Likes

I have try 90/10 VG/PG I cant vape it I feel too tight chest but after one month try it again it was good , is it mean VG brand not very quality or maybe I was sick ?!!