Blackberry

Any suggestions for a fruit flavor that goes well with black berry? Tired of my blackberry custard. Thanks

5 Likes

Blackberry pairs well with

Hope that gives you some inspiration

For a more comprehensive list (various flavours)
https://bakeitright.com/flavor-charts

13 Likes

Strawberry, dragonfruit, watermelon, lemonade would all pair well. Any kind of cream, on the lighter side to give a break from the custard notes. Cookies or bakery would also probably be good. I use blackberry sometimes in place of strawberry to give a recipe a darker feel.

5 Likes

Blackberry and apple is a great combination and worth exploring.
I love LA blackberry and FA Fuji Apple together.

6 Likes

Any suggestions on some good blackberries? I tried FA Blackberry once… I’m still traumatized :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I want to second that Blackberry and FA Fuji Apple go together very well. A few others I like combining Blackberry with are : SB, Forest Fruit ( FA ) , Creams, cranberry, Oranges and citrus work really well.

Here’s a couple of mine I have posted at the moment

5 Likes

Which one of the following would you suggest buttercream Bavarian cream or sweet cream

Amy2 Flavor Queen
February 16 |

I want to second that Blackberry and FA Fuji Apple go together very well. A few others I like combining Blackberry with are : SB, Forest Fruit ( FA ) , Creams, cranberry, Oranges and citrus work really well.

Here’s a couple of mine I have posted at the moment
ELR | e-Liquid Recipes
Blackberry Elderflower Pink Lemonade - e-liquid-recipes.com

1.00% Blackberry (MF) * 2.00% Champagne (TPA) * 2.85% Natural Elderflower (Amoretti) * 4.00% Pink Lemonade (Cap) * 0.40% Raspberry (Malina Koncentrat) (Inawera) * 1.65% strawberry stone ( Amy) * Made 1/11/17 tried 3/21/17 Hello Floral friends this is…
ELR | e-Liquid Recipes
blackberry coconut macaroon tart - e-liquid-recipes.com

6.00% Blackberry (LA) * 0.30% Brown Sugar (TPA) * 1.75% Butter Cream (Cap) * 1.25% Coconut (FA) * 1.50% Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) * 0.80% Meringue (FA) * 0.75% Pistachio (TPA) * 0.20% Sweetner Ecig Express * made 9/30 tried 11/12 Delicious ! This is a…

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

2 Likes

Bahrani Apple (INW) goes well with (MF)) Blackberry as the Bahrani flavour, is similar to stewed apple for my taste and the sweet blackcurrant of MF pairs really well with it. Much better than a natural apple flavour.

Just a shame there isn’t a decent pie crust flavour to go with it. The TPA version just makes it taste burnt.

5 Likes

OOO (One on One) pie crust is. Hmm pie crusty with no burnt offerings that I detect. Just a sugary sweetness and dough is all I get from it.
YMMV

5 Likes

Long time no see @Amy2 Hope you are well?
Those look interesting, especially the blackberry elderflower combo.
Will have to mix that one up!

2 Likes

You already have the BB and the Custard …I’d add a Whiskey or Cognac. Kentucky Bourbon (TPA) is a fav at 1.00% and maybe Bourbon (Vanilla Bourbon) (FA) at 1-2% and I mean both together

2 Likes

I like Bavarian cream and I also like sweet cream both could work well. As far as Buttercream it depends on what the recipe is like. Blackberry is very tolerable with creams from my experience.

One thing I’ll say about the main buttercream ( Buttermilk ) note that I have dealt with would be Sweet Cream TPA this has a nice flavor but it can come off waxy if used to high. I’ve even tasted it at lower % over time I’ve just gotten away from using it d/t this reason. A cleaner sweet cream would be Capella’s or FA’s fresh cream that has no added flavor this helps keep the blackberry the focus.

I did however pick up buttercream icing from WF I have to single test it so not 100% sure if this is what your interested in , as far as the question goes. EDIT : Buttercream Frosting (SC) - Wonder Flavours

@Chewy doing great I’ve been around a lot more lately was busy for such a great deal of time. Glad to be more present.

5 Likes

Some great advice in this thread.

2 Likes

Looks like I’m leaning towards a small amount of Bavarian cream or sweet cream

1 Like

I was trying so hard to forget I’m out of blackberry and piña colada. Because of this recipe… it was just that good. But on the bright side a few more weeks and I’ll have them restocked . For a limited time .

3 Likes

How much la blackberry and FA Fuji apple?

2 Likes

Believe it or not, TFA Mountain Dew goes great with Blackberry.

4 Likes

Try 3% Blackberry and 4% Fuji Apple and let it steep for a week or so.
This not only helps smooth out the blackberry but brings out the fullness of the Apple.
A drop of sweetener, 1%, helps bring it together.

1 Like

Yep anything with citrus , I love using pink lemonade but I’ll have to swap that up and try the mountain dew !

2 Likes

I think Pomegranate helps Blackberry pop

2 Likes