BLACKLISTED Again

hello all
i have been a member for years now and now i seem to be getting black listed every time i go to log in. so much so that i have had enough. soon as i can get back in i will be backing up all my recipes an moving on. and before someone says there is a fix that i need to do , NO i have done nothing wrong nor have i ever attacted this site or any other , if there is something to be fixed it needs to be on the site / server. if the this site is not going to sort the issue out then there is no need for me to stay. i am not attcking anyone personally here just tired of jumping through hoops to access my recipes.

3 Likes

So you think you were banned on the recipe side ??? I have never heard of that …

4 Likes

I know there is a topic somewhere about ISP address being blocked.

3 Likes

Who would block it ?? The only person that has that Authority is Lars and unless someone did somethung detrimental to this site he wouldnt block anyone

3 Likes

@B_A_D_D are you bhazardous??? You recipes came up on recipe side

3 Likes

@B_A_D_D you shouldn’t be getting blacklisted. Where are you having issues logging on, here on the forums, or the recipe side ?

3 Likes

There’s some info on the resources page that may help:

If that doesn’t help, contact @daath using the feedback form on “My page/favorites”.
5 Likes

Nice…Wow we learn something new every day

4 Likes

2 Likes

nope not me sorry

3 Likes

All I know is if you use a VPN it can do it.

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the same guy from the beginner group on FB but he was having this issue too

2 Likes

Did you read the text about ‘Blacklists’ you posted and follow the instructions to check?

3 Likes

It’s possibly your IP address ?

4 Likes

Might not be the IP but the browser fingerprint… try using brave tor or similar, or a diifferent browser to change the Fingerprint.
@Rocky02852 is right though some VPNs using same IPs over and over again get blacklisted.
@authormichellehughes Michelle is right, it happened before and you can’t be banned on the recipe side.

4 Likes

yes same person

4 Likes

yes it is the recipe site , personally it should not matter what browser , security or even vpn one should uses . i am not going to start shutting off my security or changing browsers. there are reasons i use what i do and that should not make a difference on this site. but if that is the way this site is going to be then i have no chose but to go else were which sucks .

3 Likes

@B_A_D_D that knife cuts both ways. As a end user, that’s a real response. From the back end however, once your website starts getting flooded, scraped, ddos’d, the rules change very quickly, or you don’t have a web site anymore. Gone are the days that a webmaster, or site owner is sitting around, watching traffic, spikes, floods, and manually tracking IP’s (and other data) to keep the web site running. Black lists almost HAVE to be utilized to keep up with the “bad” traffic, and done automatically. The DRAWBACK to that however, IS occasionally legit end users, get caught up in the drag net, and flagged.

I am assuming this happened to you, and was in no way personal from anyone on this site, but just an unintended consequence of USING said countermeasures.

5 Likes

totally agree @SessionDrummer i am not blaiming anyone personally . but if this is something that can not be sorted server side then i have no choose but to go someplace else , because i am not going to change my settings an browser. if it is as well known issue as i think there has to be a way to sort it out.

3 Likes

My sites all have blacklists set up for them, only way to protect them from issues. As you say, sometimes it affects innocent people but my logs show how many bad hits I am avoiding by using them so cannot be helped.

4 Likes