Blending fruit flavors... What to add?

Hey all good to be here,
I like to blend fruit flavors together… But the blends dont always come out as i imagined they would, I was wondering is their anything i can do or add to give them a more blended taste and have the distinction remain between all the fruit?
I usually dont blend above 3 different fruits in a mix.
Would appreciate and suggestions or knowledge on the issue if anyone can offer.
Thanks

1 Like

Search flavor pairing. Pairing fruits together (and other profiles) works very very well. Google search what pairs well with orange. You will find a ton of helpful resources.

5 Likes

Thanks so much, so i just google flavor pairing eliquid on google??

2 Likes

Or you could post up some of what you have tried so the more info the better the help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sure once i experiment completely i definitely will… Promise.
Meanwhile i did a pear strawberry kiwi, and it wasnt successfull at all.

2 Likes

Here is a good one
http://www.ingredientpairings.com/
Under tools, ingredient pairing.

6 Likes

Thanks!!!

3 Likes

Making your flavor stash public would help a lot when you ask for help. It is difficult to get specific suggestions if people don’t know which flavors they are working with…

What you are looking for is layering flavors. If you go on youtube, I’m sure you’ll find a good few videos that explain you a bit more about it.
To become good at it, you need good flavor knowledge (so do your single flavor tests and experiment with them, combine them and take notes of the results).
All flavors have different properties and you have to learn how to work with them. This is also the reason why it’s important to know exactly which flavors you have.

Some flavors tend to blend into one another while other tend to retain their own characteristics in a mix. Sometimes you can use a flavor that easily blends and boost it with another flavor to get that layering that you want.

Using stones is often a good way of layering your recipes. You can for example have a stone for strawberries, using a few different concentrates that help each other out, a stone for your kiwi and one for your pear. Just using any random single concentrate for each fruit can have the effect that you create a blend or a cocktail of flavors in which it is difficult to distinguish the fruits from each other.

7 Likes

Beautiful, thank you so much that was very helpful, ill see also how i can add my flavors here, basically for fruits i use pedominantly FA.
Thx again for that

3 Likes

Open your flavor stash here

Link to public flavor stash
This is something you can copy/paste in your posts so people have easy access to help you
Allow others to see my flavor stash
Make sure this is checked, it gives people easier access to see which flavors you have to work with
Add flavor
Use this field to add your flavors to your stash. It builds up your list for your own and others’ convenience. It will add functionality to the site, like making the “What Can I Make?” button on the main site work properly, by suggesting public recipes that you can make with the flavors you own.

2 Likes

Great thank you i expect to find the time to do this, asap thx

2 Likes

By the way does anybody know if there iz a shelf life for flavor concentrates??
Sure be happy to know

2 Likes

It varies between flavour houses anything from 1 - 3 years are their recommendations . Static temperature and dark environment will extend their life considerably. It should be noted that they most likely will not go off like milk but instead they will become less potent over time.

3 Likes

Thank you great info

4 Likes

your looking for a way to separate all three of those flavors ?? Its not gonna happen … My suggestion to you would be to start with two fruits that are a contrast so say Banana and Strawberry . Pear has a subtle flavor to it that will be buried by bolder fruits like Strawberry , Orange etc. Pear is also used to make a fruit blend juicier , As far as kiwi and Strawberry your going to have to choose which is gonna be the Top Note and make sure that it sits on top …Kiwi for me is too similar to be able to distinguish the difference in a strawberry kiwi mix… If you ever find a way to separate these three fruits let me know or go get paid it a hard thing to do bro++

4 Likes

I should have read your reply first it was way better than mine

4 Likes

This I have to agree with. In the end, you’re talking about mixing fluids and not about putting layers of fruit on a pie. There is always going to be some blending of flavors. However, if you find the right concentrates (you know those ones that you can pick out of any mix, the ones with very distinct characteristics), it is possible. One task will be to achieve this goal but the other and more important one, is to keep everything palatable.

Taste is subjective, but to me, Shisha Strawberry (INW) and Kiwi (FA) are strong flavors that I can pick up from most blends. I don’t have enough experience with pear to say what would do it for me but I’m sure there are pungent pears out there that are up to the task.

4 Likes

My experience is once I stopped imagining what something should taste like, I started finding recipes I liked. I’m not being flippant at all. Imo, pictures associated with recipes should be removed. We know what an apple pie tastes like, but there is no way any juice is really going to taste like an apple pie. We’re dealing with an approximation here. As science has proven repeatedly with placebos, our minds are capable of convincing us of anything.

It took me some time but eventually I learned what flavors I liked the taste of and which I didn’t. This includes variations of flavors, such as I only like FA Custards, and I’ve tried a lot of them. Then it’s a matter of putting together things you like without worrying if it really does taste like a Lemon Tart or a Strawberry Milkshake. It may seem to some to be an obvious approach, but it sure wasn’t obvious to me.

7 Likes

Thx all for your replies its all been very helpful

5 Likes

That is a great approach … There are probably a lot of things ive made that were probably great , except I was trying to make a particular thing so those recipes were discarded or forgotten due to creating other versions since they werent ticking all the boxes of what it was SUPPOSED to be

8 Likes