Blue Slush

Hello,

I have just purchased a bottle of ‘Blue Lush’ concentrate from Chefs Vapour and it smells like exactly what I would want to taste, I find it a bit bland with not much ooomph. I am mixing at 10% as recommended by chefs vapour and don’t particularly like using higher percentages than advised. Is there any additives or flavours anyone would recommend to give this a little boost?

2 Likes

Have you let it steep yet?

5 Likes

You will learn (rather quickly I expect) that the vendors who sell flavors, are frequently a ways off in their recommendations.

Too many different taste buds, much less, combinations of vape hardware, for them to be accurate across the board.

Don’t be afraid to adjust the percentages to your needs/setup!!

9 Likes

I have but only overnight, it has had a very good mix up though

3 Likes

Don’t write it off until its steeped more. Yes, fruity flavors are often fine as shake 'n vapes, but just about every flavor will still get better with time. I’d give it a week, test again, and then try to tweak it from there if you still feel like its lacking.

11 Likes

Does it have a “cool” hit? Like koolada, or does it taste like a blue raspberry sort?
Been curious about this flavor, even have it in my cart, just been waiting for a little experiment’n time to come available… and my slushy funds to mature into the 44oz zone. :laughing:

2 Likes

It doesn’t have a cool hit but they do recommend 1% Koolada to cook it down. I’m trying to go for more flavour apposed to that though.

It’s got potential to be one of my faves!

2 Likes

Haven’t completely written this off, taste is getting slyly better by the day.

I have seen some vendor’s Slushy recipes have raspberry and blackcurrant in, what’s people’s recommendation for brand on those two flavours?

2 Likes

I like FA for both of those flavors.

2 Likes

RF’s Raspberry isn’t a bad one either but i agree FA’s Rasp and Black Currant is good ones.

2 Likes

I’ll add them to my next order!

I do have a Capella Raspberry V1 but to me it’s a bit floral/perfume ish.

Does anyone think a blue raspberry cotton candy would do well?

2 Likes

Blue Raspberry Cotton Candy could and almost should be used as a sweetener at around or under 1% to a Blue Slushy recipe. To boost the flavor, I actually recommend 2 drops of Sour per 15ml. That will bring out the fruity side and add a little tartness to help the balance of sweet vs sour in a fruity mix like this.

My recommendations for Raspberry and Black Currant would be:

Inawera Raspberry
FlavourArt Black Currant

3 Likes

Not sure what percentage you’re mixing it at, but usually when you get “perfumey notes”, it’s as a result of mixing at too high of a percentage.

My general rule of thumb when mixing with Cap is between 4-6% fwiw.

2 Likes

I’ve tried 5 drops in the recipe and it seems to have boosted at a bit

Raspberry Blackberry INW 1%
Raspberry FA 1%
Forest Fruit FA 1%
Citrus Punch TFA 3%
OSDIY Blue Raspberry Slush 1.5%

Blue Slush an Oompa Loompa would envy.

2 Likes