Blueberry Extra vs. Blueberry Wild

So in my rush to order flavors I mistakenly ordered Blueberry Extra when I intended to order Blueberry Wild. I was hoping to make a recipe that calls for the “wild”. Any suggestions or comments about the similarity or differences would be very much appreciated.

I don’t have any of those but I’m sure @Alisa or @JoJo could tell you.

I only have regular Blueberry by TPA. From what I know there definitely is a difference, but I wouldn’t worry too much about it if you like what you make. I’d try the recipe with the extra and see what you think before placing a special order just for the Wild. Then put it on your list to get it next time. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a go.

1 Like

I only have the Blueberry Wild, so I’m afraid I can’t give any good comparison. But, I can tell you it’s a little tart and not very strong at all, if that helps.

Every little bit of info I can get helps. From what I can find the “wild” is a little softer than the “extra” so I’m going to back the % down just a bit and see how it goes.

I too have only Blueberry Wild but I have always heard the Blueberry Extra is every bit as good as the Wild. It should come out nice with either so do not worry about the mishap…

Haven’t tried the wild, but I loves me some extra!

I currently have the wild and I am awaiting my extra that is due in on Wednesday, so I’ll be able to give you your answer. As far as the wild goes I will agree its a bit more tart and not a “strong” blueberry flavor and IMO it’s good at lower %s and as a mixer–
I will report back when I get my extra

I will also say that I tried subbing the wild for extra in a recipe and it didn’t turn out all that good (could of been the recipe too;)

The extra is a more mellow ripe blueberry and is good imo

I’m big fan of sweet flavors, (this week), so Extra gets my vote. It works for a good back-round flavor in my Blueberry Danish, and the main flavor '“Blue Vanilla Ice cream”, Would like to try another Blueberry to get a deeper flavor but not sure which to try next. Really don’t want to mess these two up, there pretty darn tasty as is, IMO.

2 Likes

Thats sounds amazing