Blueberry Jam VTA - opinions

So, I’m using VTA Blueberry Jam and I mixed it at 2.5% and it has been a week but I am not getting jam for it, I’ve been thinking about going 4% but I am worried about it clashing with the muffin. Does anyone have experience with this flavour? I like everything else, I’m just not getting that jam flavour but I am contemplating adding FLV Blueberry at .5-1% maybe to give it more candy/jammy sweetness.

Help me experts

4 Likes

I have never used this high before maybe drop it down to about half (I use less than that but everybody is different).

5 Likes

Yeah, I was kinda copying Bryn and Sthrn’s percentages in other recipes for an upfront percentage, I can try lowering it, maybe that’ll get the jam to stand out more

4 Likes

That was my thoughts - the bb muffin is more blueberry than muffin for me so you may need to bolster the bakery a little (it could also be that not using it at higher % gives you no bakery lol).

4 Likes

Yeah man, that’s the appeal, when you can taste the muffin it’s really fricken good…

5 Likes

I would still try it a bit lower and see.

4 Likes

Use some Black Currant or shisha strawberry to jam it up a bit …lower the BB muffin and add some other cakey option, lower the frosting a tad

4 Likes

Same here, by the look of it you’ve got the flakes right, I’d lower the FLV BB muffin to 2% (and from my POV it’s still on the high side, Lower the Frosting to .5-.75 (more likely) and increase the VTA to 3% 3.5% the VTA as a jam it’s a bit thin IMHO.
To have a different point of view think about thickening it up with FA meringue or similar, kept on the low side.

3 Likes

Not directly with VTA but FA Jammy/Candy Wizard could work. I would lower the jam % down and add the jammy to it to boost it as too much jam will run a muck of things.

4 Likes