BlueBerry Muffin Unicorn

I am not a fan of MF’s BB either way too dank and musky for me I know many ppl love it glad someone else feels this way too lol.

@Pentine it’s good you get a good BB off of it ! I just can’t and passed it along.

1 Like

I have found that MF has some pretty bad inconsistency. On my last order a few months back I got both the light and dark chocolate. The dark was stellar, but the light had a strong floral taste. Chocolate is anything but floral. And I was easily able to identify that floral note as that is what’s present in their Acacia Honey. I find it disgusting and so it ruined any enjoyment I would have found with the light chocolate. Maybe cross-contamination.

I contacted them about this and their reply began as a lecture on how people perceive flavors differently. Then asked me for the lot#. I didn’t respond. Their reply should have been more like “wow, really? I’m so sorry and we’ll gladly replace this but would like you to return the unused portion for us to inspect.”

I could go on about their terrible customer service and snobbish attitude, but what’s the point. So I simply won’t buy their stuff again no matter how wonderful so many of them are :cry:

4 Likes

It is true they don’t want us point blank to use their products and yes cross contamination is prob the cause to blame.

I have seen plenty of horrible stories from them. I will use the ones I like but I am not stuck on any of them. I used to love love love the vanilla and it is great but there’s an after taste to it once it’s steep a few months it kinda gets weird and then of course they start off so strong and weaken drastically over time inconsistency is one of my top complaints. Watermelon is so rind like you have to blend it w/ an additional flavor to take that down that one is a love hate flavor for me sometimes I get it right sometimes not.

I have their white chocolate and have enjoyed it. Stinks to hear that about the other chocolates as I was eager to hear more on them since PV enjoys them so much in his recipes.

2 Likes

I have no doubt that an unadulterated chocolate is the bomb. That dark chocolate is high caliber and I assume the light is also, just mine was FUBAR.

I do love their watermelon and vanilla. In fact there are plenty of their flavors I think are bombdiggity. I just have decided to take a minimalist approach to my DIY, use what flavors I have and only replace ones for my most desired recipes. Hey, trimming down to my top 25 favorite recipes has proven to be more difficult than I thought. The first 10 or so was easy…after that it’s like torture because there are so many great recipes I think I would love to keep.

Anyway, I’ve taken the OP’s thread down a major side road…sorry about that @BLAX. Hopefully we can get it back on track soon :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol
SthrnMixer,
Truely appreciate the use of FUBAR
And dig the 411 on flavors that sound way to expensive for what you get…darn pre-madonna flavor company’s
I personally stick to the basics and can get 99% of what I want and need from Bullcity.
Which I personally think has the best customer service. That said I made another batch of your amazing blueberry muffin recipe day before yesterday and all I can is say …YUMMMMMY
Thanks again and hope everyone has an amazing Easter

3 Likes

The only MF Chocolate I’ve tried is the dark as I find it to be spot on and very versatile. I also love the low usage %… .2-.8%. Unlike some other chocolates that gunk or give off a burnt taste at higher watts/temps the dark stay very stable and hold up over time for me.

As for their watermelon I do understand what you mean about the rind note. I found when used above .5% the rind get overbearing. I’m kinda maxing my usage at .3% and it has worked out much better for me.

3 Likes

good to know about the dark chocolate since I adore chocolate juices. Thank u

3 Likes