BOOKS! What's on your list?

He didn’t write books.

2 Likes

2 Likes
So, here is my list of favorite authors:

E.S. Gardner - his books about Perry Mason, are amazing (detective). Each of them is about different events but extremely interesting.
James Hadley Chase - No Orchids for Miss Blandish, I’ll Bury My Dead (crime, detective)
Those authors are my favorite, and also, I like different short stories.
I like The Man Who Was Almost a Man Short story by Richard Wright and The Tortoise and the Hare the most of those I’ve read lately. I’m not into short stories, but when I needed to write a review of one, I came across this source https://studymoose.com/free-essays/a-story-with-moral-value with paper examples where I read about them and got interested. So, I read the whole story, and I really loved them. It was maybe the first time the uni task was so interesting for me, and I enjoyed reading and writing a lot.

3 Likes

Welcome to ELR @JennBurns.

1 Like

I really like Charles Bukowski’s poems…

I’m also taking bits and pieces from Nietzsche’s Beyond Good & Evil, which is kinda hard to read, but I’m reading small amount and letting them come together.

I also have some books by Dostoyevski, Jung, etc on my list as well…

Others I’m looking to get into is some Alan Watts’ books, I have one in my cart that is a good reviews.

Not to mention I bought all of Jordan Peterson’s books, I have a lot of learning to do and I’ve been stuck in this hole where I’ve been maybe complacent, inconsiderate and I sure as hell ain’t getting the help I need psychologically, so I figure I’ll fuck myself with self diagnosis and make myself worse off than what I was, but if I can take away some form of toolset to self betterment, I could be a better person.

I’ve got a lot of negative quirks about me, I’m sarcastic, a dick basically, I like to fuck with people and it’s just a part of who I am. But I hope that with my own journey to improve myself there’s some good in me.

Another Book I want to read is, I believe it’s called, “Symbolism of Meaning” which is basically a break down of bible and scripture on a cosmological and symbolic sense and how it applies to the real world to give what the bible means in today’s world as it is slowly becoming lost on a lot of people. And I believe that book is by a French Canadian named Mathieu Pageau. Allegedly it’s a really good read.

The only issue I have is I just can’t focus on things and I know I have ADHD and that’s been quite the challenge as I’ve probably read no more than 20 pages on 3-4 books now.

5 Likes

May I suggest

https://www.amazon.com/Little-Deeper-William-Hayes-Novel/dp/1482703998

Just messin’ man. I like to fuck with people a little, myself.

3 Likes

Don’t know if you’re aware, but there’s a lot of Watts’ lectures available on YouTube. Sometimes when my brain can’t focus on written word I find that I can switch over to listening and things will sink into the ol’ grey matter in a much better fashion.

2 Likes

@JennBurns Welcome to the forum. A great place to be and some fine folks here.

I haven’t read a Perry Mason book in many years. I lean toward other detective, thrillers and fictional psychologist character driven fiction. So some of my favorites are Robert Parker for Spenser and Jessie Stone, Faye Kellerman, Jonathan Kellerman, Robert Crais, Michael Connelly and others like that. Have also enjoyed the Wallander novels by Henning Mankell. Right now I am reading another novel by David Rosenfelt. His Andy Carpenter novels are a blast to read.

2 Likes

Re-reading some Jonathan Maberry horror novels. The man is a master of zombie thrillers.

3 Likes