Bought 250ml of a concentrate

I bought this liquid from everything liquid in the uk and the bottle looked light. So i weighed it and it was 233g. If i am correct 250ml is 250g. 17ml short is such a odd number that i have never had before. This is there response.

1+1does not equal 2 to me right now

2 Likes

Mmmm should it not be 250g plus the bottle?

3 Likes

Exactly they are trying justify the short pour

2 Likes

If it’s advertised as 250ml of concentrate I’d get out my syringe and see how much concentrates is actually in the bottle because I’d hazard a guess it is sold by volume not weight anyway.

5 Likes

Alot of Lemon concentrates are suspended in alcohol not pg
250 ml is a volume measurement not a weight measurement, pour it in a beaker that can measure up to 250ml

6 Likes

This was pg based

4 Likes

There 30ml bottles have 30g of concentrate so yeah im lost. Last 30ml of the lemon sherbet yielded exactly 150ml of juice so that equals 30g of concentrate

3 Likes

Hmm, I would ask them whats the SG, if they even know…
Measure it out in a graduated beaker, if it’s short that’s not good business on there part !

4 Likes

One thing I really hate is people that insult others intelligence and this to me looks like a prime example.

2 Likes

They are right not all PG based concentrates weigh 1 gram perml …Yelloe Peach from Capella weighs less like .89grams per ml or something …Only way to figure it out would be to measure it

4 Likes

How so, the OP is looking for an answer. Inquiring from the manufacturer what the specific gravity is sounds like a reasonable request, they may just be a mixing house but it wouldn’t hurt to ask, the email states “If you need any further information…”

6 Likes