Brand new DIY'er needing help

So I’ve been seeing this recipe of an apple pie baked into a cinnamon roll crust. In an effort to replicate this as a juice I ordered Cinnamon Roll (FW) and Apple Pie (TFA). Can some of you mixologists help me out on how to do this without one being overpowering, or one being underpowered? I want it to taste as much like the actual pie as possible

4 Likes

If I were wanting to create a recipe like that I would probably start with Capella Cinnamon Danish swirl and Purilium Country apple instead of the onea you bought…

7 Likes

I’m working on another order, so I will add those

4 Likes

Welcome to the Rabbit hole. You will soon find out if you ask 25 people’s advice on a recipe, you’ll get 25 different answers. If it were me, I would mix 6% Cinnamon Roll & 8% Apple Pie. I would also add .5 Lemon like (CAP) Juicy Lemon to bring out the Apple. It depends a lot on what equipment you use also. Good luck!

6 Likes

One of the more popular flavors, and a lot of people would agree, is Fuji Apple by Flavour Art. Add that to your order you won’t be disappointed.

5 Likes

Apple Pie from FA is more crust than apple pie unfortunately there is not a lot of apple to it. If you paired the Fa Apple Pie with another apple you would get a lot closer to what you are seeking. Not wanting you to buy a load of flavours but I would suggest FLV Apple Filling would be what you are chasing it is close to say the inside of a McDonalds Apple Pie with a really nice cinnamon note.

7 Likes

I think he has TFA apple pie , not sure if it exist so maybe OP was referring to FA

3 Likes

Doh my bad you are right - oh well flv apple filling would still be good with it.

6 Likes

Lol I have so many flv flaves but still havent grabbed that one , I dont know why I havent…

I was just going through my flavors today and realized that TPA and FW are barely noticeable in my stash anymore … I probably have about 15 to 20 of each . When I first started mixing all I had wete TPA and FW

5 Likes

If you like apple pie it is a must-have

6 Likes

Its on my list …

6 Likes

Agreed @woftam.

4 Likes

Although FA Fuji is one of the better apple concentrates, I don’t see this working very well for the flavor profile the OP is after. It’s too fresh or green to work as a baked apple, unless you throw quite a few other helpers at it. FLV Red Burley in trace amounts can give a bit of a baked note to apples.

@Manda if you want a specific flavor and not just go out on an expensive wild goose chase, read a lot and focus on specific recipes that call out to you. There are dozens of apple flavors that are distinctly different from each other. Notes (here, reddit, atf, … google a bit) are very helpful but ultimately, buy the few that seem to match best what you’re after and get a handful so you can try and see which ones you like best. Definitely don’t just trust a flavor on the label. Like woftam said, Apple Pie (FA) for example is predominantly crust and very little apple.
If you’re just going to stick with 5 or 10 concentrates, chances are they’re not going to deliver what you’re after. More often than not you’re going to have to combine different flavors to get the results you want.

5 Likes

@Manda , I agree with @anon28032772 there :point_up:
Plus, everyone have their own preferences. For example, I like to use country apple from purilum as baked apple, with fuji apple from flavour art to give that “crunch”

5 Likes

What’s wrong with ‘fresh, green Apple Pie’? LoL! That’s how us lower-class Americans like it!
A smidgen of Liquid Amber (FA) added to Fuji gives that ‘baked’ nuance. But I digress…

4 Likes

I only use green apples for pie in juice or rl.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with it and it doesn’t have anything to do with class… taste is just so subjective.
There are plenty occasions I like a green apple vape but for bakery (IMO) a nicely baked, caramelized apple oozing with sweetness (and maybe a touch of cinnamon) is something that makes me drool :drooling_face:

So true!

5 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.
102 mixers find this combination to be tops in ELR recipes for Cin Apple pie.

Might want to try this and then lets us know what taste accents are needed,improved upon, lacking etc.

6 Likes

Thanks so much! I will do that asap

5 Likes

I think he is a she. Maybe. Hopefully. Probably.

@Manda please forgive my crassness but could you tell me if you are a male or female or “other”
I ask because sometimes I am so Confuuusssedd.

3 Likes