Brass cleaner

it shouldn’t be in one of those anyway. no need to go that faast, a drill works just fine.

3 Likes

I just have a bound 510 that I need to get out because I was a moron and screwed the threads up inside at the bottom where the plastic screws in for the positive pin. I even have a spare but I cannot get the original out.

If it was a longer thread I’d just do counternuts but it’s only like 2.5 threads. So maybe I’ll have to find some kind of strap wrench or something. Add on to that it looks like there’s just a touch of corrosion binding it.

I can’t really tell if it’s just screwed up threading or not, the owner before me had really let the mod go so while I was able to refinish the outside - doing the inside with the magnets and other parts which aren’t removable has been tough. Maybe the rotary would be really handy there. I’m not good with that stuff.

2 Likes

lets see a pic

2 Likes

I’ll throw one up after I’m done trying my coke remedy - in the meantime I’m not sure how I got to be this old without knowing this.

4 Likes

Dom is awesome! Love him on The Repair Shop :+1: :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes