Breaking News .....CDC found a possible link to illness

Me. It’s been two cups of politics and a pinch of science.

4 Likes

Who ever dreamed that circumstances might force them/us to study and to critique “political science” ! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

EXACTLY @TorturedZen, exactly.

Just saw this.

1 Like

Hi Everyone. Long time lurker, first time poster.
I know I’m late to this post but, I was at my nephew’s birthday last week and my parents asked me about this. To put this in context, I’m (way too) close to 50, they are in their 70s. They are avid mainstream media consumers and too set in their ways to change.
I’m in Australia, where the standard line is vaping equals smoking, and I struggle to get across the message that the 3 years I have been vaping after 35 years smoking is a extremely positive thing.
To have them ask me about this “vitamin E thingy” opened up a conversation that led them to change their minds from categorising vaping as something akin to health advice from Gwyneth Paltrow"s Goop to the potential cigarette killer that it is.
As bad as this has been, I will always be grateful for this crack of an opening to get them to actually listen to me when I say that there are vape shops in hospitals in the UK.
My parents are still squinting, but they are starting to open their eyes.

12 Likes