Built this today

The wife has not injured herself, but she has beheaded an extension cord every single time she has trimmed the hedges. I tell her every time to watch the cord, but she comes in pissed off every time because “The dumb cord got in the way”.

10 Likes

@anon70102222 I think your wife, must talk to my wife …

6 Likes

yes, lets not. I just busted the shit out of my knuckles yesterday!

4 Likes

We’ll be in College Park, which is SE Atlanta, for the first year. It’s about 30 minutes (I think) from downtown. I haven’t been there in a very long time but my wife says it’s developed quite a bit.

4 Likes

That will put you at 2 hours from me!! :smiley:

3 Likes

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. :wink:

5 Likes

second build and one coat of paint

11 Likes

Which brand? I’m shopping for one myself because it’s too easy to mess up with my handheld plunge router.

3 Likes

10 Likes

YOU, have really been busy. Beautiful works!

7 Likes

I’m sick of the sight of wood now

6 Likes

Mine’s still in the box lol :smiley:

4 Likes

129.00 and free shipping. I found it through Slick Deals. Looks like the sale is over but here’s the link to the one I bought.

Slickdeals.net is an awesome resource. They have power tools popping up almost daily now.
4 Likes

LMAO Thanks brother!
Need to make one for hedge trimming services :rofl:

4 Likes

Question for all you DIYers ot there. Is there a way to cleanly remove hot glue from aluminum? I ask because I have a custom PWM mod that has the board and sled hot glued to the box and I want to replace them. I tried to tighten the 510 connector and ended up damaging the board and it’s now bricked. It’s a really tight fit and the sled needs to come out as well. Thanks for any suggestions!

3 Likes

In the situation you’re describing, there’s really not any “solvent based” solution (that comes to mind offhand). Ordinarily, I’d suggest Goo-Gone (or similar)…

But with the space constraints you’re working with, you’ll probably want to use a very small tool (that has a very short right angled ‘hook’), and just apply gentle, but consistent pressure on it.

Most types of hot glue are resistant to such pressure, but but will slowly but surely give way after some repetitive coaxing from different angles. :wink:

Every once in a blue moon though, I’ve run into certain hot glues that you simply have to resort to applying heat to (or an Xacto blade), and just do a thin slice through the glue, remove the bulk, and peel up the remaining bits of glue last.

3 Likes

Damn, I’m gonna have to work at it? Maybe a combo of hair dryer and a metal dental pick? Better stock up on band-aids and aloe vera gel.

3 Likes

Meh?

4 Likes

Holy crap that works fast! I’ll give it a shot. It’s a Whiterose mod and I hate seeing it just sitting there unable to use. Thanks Phil!

3 Likes

Nice, watch out for your fingers. small bits= high speed, large bits= slow speed. I got tired of my router blowing chips/dust all over so I built a top/bottom dust collector.

4 Likes