Butter cake

OK everyone, my son called me and wants to research doing a juice to clone California Pizza Kitchen’s desert called butter cake. I’ll be having it next week when we have lunch there with them, but thought I’d ping the rest of you and see if anyone has had it and can give me any ideas for what flavors to use

2 Likes

Have just found this copycat recipe on google - don’t know if it will help any? It sounds divine!

4 Likes

That sounds lush.

Thanks @Lolly that gives me a starting point. It’s nothing more than a slight variation on a traditional pound cake. The moistness increased by the use of the milks. Now I have somewhere to start mixing from and see what he thinks when I visit him. For all that matters what I think when I actually taste the real thing next week.

2 Likes

I shall be watching this thread with anticipation :+1:

1 Like

Hey @Skullblade789 Check this out

1 Like

I’m toying with a juice recipe already but some of it is top secret and I can’t let the RIVer run it out to the public as of yet. :wink:

2 Likes

OK everyone, I just got home from having pizza and Butter cake for dessert
Let me tell you that this is one of the most unique unbelievable cakes I’ve ever tasted. It is very dense yet so light in flavor. Butter cake might be a little off for the title. (does anyone know if someone makes a margarine flavor) It has a sort of cap on it kinda almost like cheesecake consistency that I think may be comprised of condensed milk and a tiny touch of lemon. The cake has an occational granual of sugar in it as you eat it you get a little sweet crunch it is so wonderful. Anyone that has had the dessert please chime in anyone that has a knack for juices please chim in.