Butterscotch

I’ve just recently gotten back into DIY. I started DIY in 2015, went by the top 30 ratings. Prices dropped on ejuice so I started buying. Now I’m at retirement and coming back.
Wow!!! So many new flavors.
Butterscotch. I’ve been buying Blackbox’s White Gold. It’s a butterscotch similar to Werthers candy.
I got FW butterscotch, FW butterscotch ripple, flav butterscotch, FA BS. Also have as many caramels. ( don’t look in my flavor stash, I don’t list them)
How do you put the cream with it? I’ve tried. Come short. Need a heavy cream. I’ve tried my vape wizard, it helps, and sweet cream. Thought of sweet cream, Bavarian cream, cream fresh. I can’t stand vanilla custard, so please don’t suggest that one. Help!!!

3 Likes

I use a lot of FW & FW ripple. For my taste, I use Vanilla Ice Cream (LB) & Whipped Cream (FW).

6 Likes

Two great suggestions there. VIC (LB) is a great vanilla cream at low percentages, .5-1%, and above that it is, IMO, the best ice cream out there.

Cream Fresh (FA) is another good one, Van Pudding (FLV) will work well too.

9 Likes

Cream Fresh (FA) is another good one, Van Pudding (FLV) will work well too.

I agree, I use them too. I’ve just recently started using the FLV Van. Pudding, need to reorder it already.

4 Likes

I actually have vanilla pudding by flavorah. I might give it a go! Everyone’s taste is different. I get a peppery kinda taste with vanilla bean ice cream. Wish I didn’t. Thank you for the info

3 Likes

Wonder if I would get the same peppery taste with LB ice cream? Is it way different from Capella?

2 Likes

(FW)Caramel Candy combined with the (FW) butterscotch ripple and then a combo of (FA)Vienna Cream and any dulce de leche is a possibility for Werther’s echte. Add a dash of vanillin if you want it thicker.

There’s many other combinations but I would go by this:

Every butterscotch needs a supportive caramel.
Every caramel needs a supportive butterscotch
Both need a neutral or enhancing cream.
Creams that have hints of the same nuances/“texture” can bring out nuances, can be more helpful and get more realistic results.

6 Likes

No pepper from LB VIC. It’s great stuff.

5 Likes

LB Ice Cream is totally different than CAP Vanilla Bean. More rich, Creamier and no Pepper taste to me.

5 Likes

Sorry @NChris, i type slow. Haha

3 Likes

You sure it was CAP and not TPA?
I get plenty pepper from TPA, never had it from CAP

2 Likes

The caramel I have puts a dark flavor that isn’t pleasing to me. Even mere drops.
I did try to make as your directions. Perhaps a good steep. I’m impatient with steeping. Always try juice before I put up, but then I usually forget about.

1 Like

It was CAP, if it matters I got super burned out on vanilla custard by CAP too. Hard to find recipes without cap custard or strawberries. Lol

1 Like

you get the pepper note fron Capella ?? hmmm i get it from the TPA at ANY percentages , but i could use the LB up to 3.75pct without detecting any of the pepper note after 3.75 the pepper comes in , but the Cap and LB are very different

1 Like

i shld have kept reading b4 asking

3 Likes

I would argue a butter rum flavoring is essential for creating a butterscotch profile. If of course the flavor you seek is more the butterscotch (lifesaver) candy and not a “chewy” soft butterscotch (in which case i agree with using FW caramel candy as an additive) A good readily available Butter rum is Loranns version but careful it is strong! Start low around 0.17-0.25% , 0.5% if you have time and patience to off gas the alcohol/volatiles. My first choice for a butter rum would be from a relatively little known brand called Olive Nation. Butter rum olive nation is truer to my tastes and sits in a mix better. 4-5% would be my recommendation in a mix. Hope this helps you sort out your white whale :wink:

6 Likes

I’ll add butter rum LA and vbic LB in next order. I’m pleased with results I got with butterscotch, butterscotch ripple cream fresh sweet cream and sweetner. I also added some dulce de leche and vanilla pudding (flav), it seems Vape-able. Still needs backbone, maybe needing to steep. Lord I hate to steeping. Patience.
Butter Rum might be the ticket. (As I take a vape) yes.
Does anyone else vape as you mix?
I’ll have my dripper, mix, take a few drags, add more of ingredient I think lacks. Get it to my liking. Have noticed if I like it before a steep it’ll be that much better later.

3 Likes

Olive nation? Gotta look that one up. Order stuff through Bull city. Hate paying more for shipping than actual product. Do they have anything else that is decent?

2 Likes

I believe they have free shipping over 50$ and offer monthly discounts if you sign up. I am in Canada though so i always pay shipping and just order enough to split the cost up. Yes they have several very good flavors. Butter rum, Caramel, French Vanilla, malt, pineapple, blood orange , peach and blueberry are all very good. Keep in mind these are extracts and many are PG free (alcohol based) Usage is mostly between 3-5%

3 Likes

With white gold butterscotch, I believe there is no avoidance of vanilla custard. Yep had to buy again. Trying hard to distinguished the nuances. ( is that a word?) I taste it in there, slight but present.

1 Like