Buyers Beware

yes, well, i have no idea what’s happening now, it says cancelled by paypal, then it says shipped. i ordered and realized the site hasn’t been updated since december, as in still showing offers from then and has older gear. apparently it can happen if there’s no one there to take the orders that a site autoprocesses. they also didn’t respond to emails and calls… we’ll see_ i had a panic for a minute but PP’s timely response was reassuring. still anxious to delete my data, an unsupervised site is the only thing worse than a working one for privacy i imagine.

second: what’s your handle at ecf? think i recall the image from a while back_

3 Likes

Same handle, muth.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing that. I will definitely contact them. Whether they care or not I can’t control that but, at least, I can say I’ve warned them.

3 Likes

Muth, FWIW I was paranoid about making my (one, single) purchase from China (from 3fVape). I spoke with the Paypal folks about my concerns, and (IIRC) they indicated that (if the vendor allowed such an optional Paypal approach in making sales to customers), I could alternatively elect to provide my email address (specifically associated with my Paypal account) to the vendor. That particular approach would seem to be an “end-around” any surreptitious on-web-site “back-doors”. Seems like not a lot to ask ?

2 Likes

Yes, thank you RK. I do use PP when given the option. This still leaves the question of being compromised in other ways with the information provided for placing an order. Your name, address, email, etc. And as much as I like to trust Paypal, they too are not impervious to hacks.

And also FWIW, I’ve never had an issue with 3FVape or Fasttech.

2 Likes

Well, such sentiments (if PayPal appears inadequately reliable) might convince me to just quit ordering.

2 Likes

Email sent to Sourcemore warning of their possible site risks as detected by Sucuri. If they reply I’ll post it.

2 Likes

Heh, heh. Good luck with that. They must surely realize that any “discouraging words” coming out of them could (quite easily) end up splattered all over internet forums such as this ? Bad for business ?

2 Likes

The fact that vape forum members are discussing the possible risks of doing business with them should spring them into action. I certainly hope so. I do find that Chinese businesses hold themselves to high ethical standards. Much higher than ours. I’ve had various communication with the top Chinese vendors and have found all of them to be respectful of their customers and business. They value each customer and each customer’s dollar that comes out of their pocket and into their own. Afterall, that’s what good business is all about :wink: :moneybag:

2 Likes

Just making a point that nothing on the internet is 100% Guaranteed. I’ve surrendered to the fact that I’m being watched, followed, spied upon and all the bots in cyberspace know what color underwear are in my top drawer. Matter of fact, an IRS agent told me he could find that out, too, if he dug deep enough. That was the lovely audit I had years ago.

2 Likes

It is my impression that sales made into the US - after the “FDA Doomsday” date for (non-FDA approved) ENDS devices and related hardware - will become essentially unlawful transactions ?

(Until a few days ago), everybody was anticipating that “FDA Doomsday” would occur on its previously court-ordered date (in just a few days, on May 12, 2020). Given that (over and above any other COVID-19 related supply-chain uncertainties), these times might seem the riskiest to assume that (anybody involved) is likely thinking very much in the “long term” ? Does that perhaps make some sense ?

2 Likes

Not sure I follow…???

2 Likes

Getting sleepy. G’nite RK and all. Pleasant dreams :heart:

2 Likes

My thinking is that the target to liquidate ENDS inventories (for US sales) was (until a few days ago) drawing nigh - possibly leading to soon upcoming times of inventory “slim pickings” (so to speak).

Now that (because of COVID-19, the FDA has gotten 120-day delay from the federal court), ENDS “Doomsday” is pushed out to September 9, 2020, it’s not clear how quickly or easily the supply-chains can/will respond to stocking more (intended for sale in US) inventory. After that, US sales look “dicey”.

2 Likes

@Raven-Knightly I have to add too that I’ve never had an issue using 3fvape either, and I’ve used them for around 5 years now. The fact that they offer PayPal is a huge plus (because I’m paranoid). The one problem I did have was a product, and they not only sent a kit to fix the existing product, but a new one as well. I can’t defend a company and say ‘x will never happen to you’ I can only say that thus far, my experiences have been great with them.

10 Likes

I’m with you.
Bank of America used to have a feature called Shop Safe, where you could generate a virtual card number, for a specific amount only. That’s what I always used for US vendors that didn’t take PayPal. I never had a problem with Shop Safe. BoA stopped using Shop Safe last fall, and I haven’t purchased any vape gear since, from US vendors.

I understand Capitol One has something similar, called Eno. I don’t have any of their CC’s, so I can’t comment on it’s specifics.

Any gear buying now, for me, will be through Chinese vendors, that use PayPal. As long as I can deal with the ship times being unpredictable, I feel safer with the PayPal transaction. Like @muth said, I find the Chinese business practices to be very ethical, in my experience. Fasttech has always been top notch, in my book, and is probably my #1 vendor.

5 Likes

@Silhouette Sourcemore responded with concern and asked some questions and requested a screenshot. I’ll send them what you posted above. I had trouble seeing it because I can’t enlarge it but I’ll send anyway and if they have more questions will you be willing to help? I’ll copy the emails in a PM to you for privacy reasons.

2 Likes

I didn’t save it but I’m sure it’s cached somewhere.

2 Likes

Don’t worry just yet. I sent them the link to your post with the screenshot included. With some magnification they’ll be able to read sucuri’s report. They can always contact sucuri with an inquiry. Really, only sucuri can provide them with helpful advice if they need it. I gave them all the concern they needed by letting them know that customers are reticent about making purchases with them.

Idk about you but I don’t want to lose a good source of vapeware because of a security problem. If we can help them out they can get the problem resolved. I’d like to shop there again once I’m confident.

2 Likes

Hi @muth @Silhouette thanks for informing us about the issue.
We used Sucuri Sitecheck, here is the result:

As you can see, there are no malware, no injected spam and no defacements detected.
So it’s safe to shop with us.

And here are the site issues:

The 1st and 3rd are codes we added to tell if the page uses caches.
Earlier we were told by customers that our site is slow, we tried many ways and finally decided to use caches to make it faster.
The 2nd is the realtime updated information of the product.
The 4th is because the magento software we use is old.

If you still have any concerns, please let us know.
Thank you again!

5 Likes