Buying a litre of nic

Ok so i have a dilemma, nicotinehub is doing 20% off for 5 days. I am wanting to buy a litre so im good for a long time. Problem is i have only have 7 glass bottles to store it in the freezer. Can i put the rest in a hdpe bottle in the fridge for a bit till i acquire the other 3 said bottles. And how long can it sit in the fridge in the hdpe bottle?

7 Likes

I get mine from them and stick straight in the freezer never had a problem

7 Likes

You can for the extra money goes it in glass bottles

5 Likes

I didnt get it in a glass bottle because i have 7 smaller bottles

3 Likes

Never had a problem m8 mines in the freezer in the bottles it comes in ,mines pg not that would make a difference

4 Likes

I have some in my freezer going on 3 yrs now. No issues.

5 Likes

You talking those clear plastic ones? The PET ONES

2 Likes

Are yours all in glass bottles

2 Likes

I have both yes. The plastic is blue though, not clear.

5 Likes

Yes , wrap it in freezer bag

5 Likes

Yes m8 and as @fidalgo_vapes said mines in a plastic zip bag.only did this so I didn’t get nic in me peas and pork chops

6 Likes

Good to know ill throw it in a ziploc freezer bag until i accumulate 3 more amber glass bottles

5 Likes

@Psycho_316 that should be fine, and as long as it doesn’t take forever to get the last 3 bottles, the impact will be negligible.

3 Likes

Are we not supposed to store nicotine in the original bottle in the freezer? If not should I get some amber glass bottles and transfer it to them?

4 Likes

@TimWV it depends on what TYPE of bottle it comes in. If it’s any kind of plastic, YES, relocate it into glass.

4 Likes

@SessionDrummer thank you, ordering some now

4 Likes

I know I’ll probably get a little pushback on this, but if I had to do it over, I’d go with clear glass for freezer storage. In my case, it’s stored in a small chest type freezer that doesn’t get opened often. With the amount of light that gets into a freezer, I’d prefer the convenience of being able to pull a bottle for visual inspection, without having to open it, to use a pipette or syringe.

The working bottle IS covered, though, on the shelf. My high tech toilet paper tube is perfect for a 60 ml bottle.

Working Bottle

Some of my stored nic is 5 - 6 years old, and as clear as when it arrived.

Edit: I also found it a pain in the ass when breaking down the jug, into amber bottles. It was difficult to see the level in the bottle, as I was filling it. After I over filled the first one a bit, I ended up putting a flashlight behind the amber bottles, to make it easier to keep an eye on the level. (live & learn)

9 Likes

@d_fabes I bought into the “amber” thing when I first started freezing large bottles of NIC, BUT, I ended up shifting to ALL clear. Same reasons as you. Clear doesn’t matter if it’s in a dark freezer LOL, AND, you can SEE what’s in it.

8 Likes

Right I’ve been storing my nic in the freezer for the last 4 years in the bottles it came in ,so do go glass or not I need science guys I’m having sleepless nights

4 Likes

It has to do with moisture seeping from plastic. Where glass is a barrier. I wouldnt use the pet they send it in. Hdpe bottles are thicker. I put 300ml in 3 hdpe 100ml bottles wrapped them in paper towels taped them up and put them in a ziploc bag. Then i put them in a box inside a carrier bag from m&s and put them in the bottom draw. Im going all ninja mode with them lol

3 Likes