Cactus in menthols?

Love the juiciness that cactus gives to my fruit mixes. Been working with menthols and vanilla lately and notice some are dry tasting. I was wondering if cactus in small quantities would help or would it just be strange?

2 Likes

Could work. My natural inclination is that cactus is good when you can’t taste cactus. Maybe a drop of pear fa?
I am very very interested by your result of you can get a daap free ice vanilla.

3 Likes

You could but yes it could be strange. You could also try low percents of coconut fa or pear fa. Low as in 0.1-0.25%

2 Likes

Cactus with creams can sometimes develop a strange off note, for me it has anyway. Are you looking for something like Creme De Menthe? Or are your trying to add chill to a vanilla flavor?

For adding chill without the dry texture, try WS23 rather than menthol or koolada. For adding more of a moist texture to a vanilla/menthol combo try using marshmallow and/or meringue maybe .25% saline. There are creamy flavors out there that have very moist creamy textures but I don’t have enough experience with them to advise you in detail.

3 Likes

one way i would go, is add 1% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (CAP) is has a nice built in cooling effect when steeped, has creamy texture and can boost the vanilla notes

1 Like

I wish :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

It is ok up to .4 for me as a rule of thumb. I add it to my ice strawberry recipe for wetness.

3 Likes