Cake (Yellow) (FW)

Has anyone come up with a decent/acceptable substitute for Flavor West Yellow Cake? I find myself using it too much and would like something a little safer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

just a thought…how about Capella Yellow cake…no warnings

1 Like

I’m happy with the FLV Cupcake Batter. :grinning: 4% in the mix and you’re there.

See notes:

3 Likes

I like the CAP Vanilla cupcake

1 Like

I’m tired don’t make me google this once. I read a short “Yellow Cake (FW) is fructose” does that mean it contains fructose? Is that why Bronuts is such a wick gunker?

1 Like

Yes, FW Yellow Cake contains Fructose and I have stopped using it. I have been using FW Vanilla Cupcake instead with good results…

1 Like

Do you use similar percentages with FW Vanilla Cupcake?

I do, doesn’t mean you will want to. It’s not a exact replacement, probably nothing is. Like all things you will have to experiment and get the flavor just right for you. I have only had to eliminate Yellow Cake in one recipe. In my case it turned out quite well…

2 Likes

Yea I agree with @Kinnikinnick on the FLV Cupcake Batter, tasty stuff…

1 Like

I like ooo cake yellow

1 Like

Another vote for FW Vanilla Cupcake.
Found no real difference in taste?

Saw this on another forum. ChemNic has a flavor that could possibly/maybe/sorta replace FW Yellow Cake. Has anyone heard of or tried ChemNic or tried their flavors?

https://www.chemnic.com/DIY-E-liquid-Flavoring/ChemNic%20Flavoring/Yellow-Cake-Flavoring

FLV Pound Cake… rich buttery goodness @ 2-3%.

3 Likes

Nonna FA at 2% reminds me of a yellow cake and FLV pound cake at 2-3% yellow cake and vanilla cupcake FW at 3-4% yellow cake.

2 Likes

I didn’t know they sold flavoring. I haven’t tried it, but I couldn’t find where they listed diketones levels or ingredients. Did you find it anywhere?

Unfortunately, no :frowning: