Call for outright Vaping Ban

6 Likes

I dating a life-coach and knowing how messed up they were… Well lets say I felt sorry the people that paid money for their coaching sessions.

3 Likes

Yep. And for what it’s worth, for my initial attempt to quit smoking I tried their gum and their patches . They suck. Neither one would stay lit! :smirk:

5 Likes

What’s wrong with the SUN… I love the Sun and its page 3… :rofl::joy::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Well, of course they’ll call for a total ban, Vaping hurts their profits, Oncologists, surgeons, et.al. going hungry, cant afford that new “Bemer” this year, only making 7 or 8 figures, poverty wages!
Bloody hypocrites! ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEIR PROFITS, I WONDER HOW MUCH MONEY THEY HAVE INVESTED IN BIG “T’s” STOCKS?

5 Likes

‘Canadian Teen Gets ‘Popcorn-Lung’ Illness from Vaping’

If they try and push this into the narrative now, I can’t see it going well for any of us. It’s just compounding.

Edit: I don’t know why the link looks like it directs simply to People, but it is the mentioned article link.

2 Likes

The referenced People magazine article dos not appear to even identify the “research study” (actually, a paper written by attending physicians who evidently enjoy the glory of being referred to as “researchers”).

Dr. Tereza Martinu is a lung transplant respirologist with Toronto General Hospital who was part of the teen’s care team … Scans suggested different illness. The researchers suspected bronchiolitis after scans of his lungs showed a so-called “tree in bud” pattern: tiny nodules connected to longer bronchial “branches.” The pattern is most commonly associated with a bacterial or viral infection, but the teen’s infection work-up was negative.

The idea that medical science has the ability to identify the presence of all pathogens (particularly where it comes to viruses) via performing diagnostic testing is patently and utterly false. This fact is well understood by physicians - who also know that such false claims will be blindly accepted by “journalists” and politicians.

The full paper: “Life-threatening bronchiolitis related to electronic cigarette use in a Canadian youth

Dr Michael Siegel:

(July 14, 2019):
Popcorn lung is a very rare disease. Smoking is not recognized as a cause of popcorn lung and the disease is not observed in smokers (in the absence of other risk factors such as lung transplant). Despite the presence of electronic cigarettes on the U.S. market for 13 years and despite the fact that there are literally millions of vapers, there has never been a confirmed case of popcorn lung occurring in a vaper. The annual incidence of popcorn lung among electronic cigarette users between 2007 and 2018 was 0.0 per 100,000. The current prevalence of popcorn lung among current (past month) vapers (as of the end of 2018) was 0.0%. Despite the complete absence of a single case of popcorn lung having been caused by vaping, the American Popcorn Lung Association is hard at work trying to discourage smokers from trying to quit smoking using e-cigarettes because of what it says is the severe risk of developing popcorn lung from vaping.

(August 1, 2016):
Hiding the Truth from the Public: American Lung Association is Undermining the Public’s Knowledge of the Hazards of Smoking
It is not entirely clear whether smoking itself causes popcorn lung in the first place. Pierce et al., in a 2014 article, noted that “smoking has not been shown to be a risk factor for bronchiolitis obliterans .” However, since the symptoms of popcorn lung are similar to those of COPD, it may be that smokers who develop popcorn lung are thought to have COPD, so the popcorn lung is not diagnosed. If that is the case, then the risk of developing popcorn lung from smoking is still going to be astronomically higher than the risk of developing popcorn lung from vaping because the diacetyl exposure is so much higher.

(December 10, 2015):
New Study Finds that Average Diacetyl Exposure from Vaping is 750 Times Lower than from Smoking

4 Likes

Yeah, they said this with literally no verification either because the lung biopsy was too dangerous. The mere mention of it still harms.

That should have never been published.

5 Likes

Good Grief. People no less. Right next to a celebrity with new shoes no doubt.

They also couldn’t medically confirm he had “popcorn lung” because a surgical lung biopsy was deemed unsafe.

Bizarre.

5 Likes

You’re obviously not dining at the right locale Ogre…

Had you eaten the idiot that wrote this piece, and/or the jackass who approved it… We’d have fewer of these types of articles!!

@ELR_Readership… What say we start a GoFundMe for a travel and expense account for Ogre to give us a “man in the field” dining report, and an adjacent/accompanying column to rate the quality of “the meal” vs the positive impact that we all gain by his having removed such poorly evolved humans from the “food chain”?!! :rofl: :crazy_face: :wink: grins

7 Likes

I for one would donate to this cause.

4 Likes

Mmmm. Nothing like some tasty chunks of “Flame Broiled Charlatan” lavishly basted in “Bogusberry Sauce”!

:clown_face:

7 Likes

He also told researchers he regularly added THC to his e-cigarettes

Go figure.

5 Likes

I’m not so sure about the flame broiled bit…
But I’m pretty sure you hit a home run here:

:laughing:

3 Likes

Well now he definitely has to make a mix called Bogusberry Sauce. We can dedicate it to the idiots who tirelessly clack on their keyboards with vague assumptions and title them with bullshit.

4 Likes

You would have to make sure it had no berries in it

5 Likes

Start your day like a Chump with Breakfast of Charlatans !

Source: https://i.imgur.com/zVsJvdK.png

5 Likes

Just be prepared to see a good number of them fall into the category of fertilizer. That’s where politicians wind up. Too full of shit to eat.

5 Likes

Just slice them open and remove the ‘mud vein’ like humans do with shrimp. Of course, the net weight of said politician decreases by 93% after that.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info @Raven-Knightly, very much appreciated.

1 Like