Calling all members I need your help

Mixers have been trying to replicate the combusted tobacco element for a while.

Just quit smoking about 2 months ago. Nicotene ( although is still important) is the least of the smoking experience to me. It’s the hand to mouth action, the throte and lung hit is what I missed most. It was a 53 year habbit.

7 Likes

If I understand you clear (sorry I don’t know very good English).
I was a chain smoker, I use to smoke 30 cigs/day. I start vape with 0 nic just to reduse those cigs. When I come to 10cigs/day, that was the limit, I start to vape with nic (9mg/ml MTL around 9-12W) and that was the finall ‘‘hit’’. Other friends of mine (chain smokers too) they stop smoking with 12-14mg/ml DTL (about 40W) after some period they turn to 10mg/ml.
One of the things help me quit was somethink that a friend told me and that was, evrythink is on our mind.

5 Likes

Oh! i get you! (and I think you undestood me, too :slight_smile: ) That’s an intersting method, and it obviously worked for you . I was thinking of quitting outright, and replacing with vaping. That’s what most people do, I think., but no method suits everybody, and yours is surely worth considering

6 Likes

I went sooo close years ago using the DNB base by INW and a mixture that can’t remember exactly, but I remember it was Maxx Blend, Westernand some INW tobacco…

I’m saying I went close to it, because I can remember the awful ashy smoky taste…it really was awful!
My recent tobacco base has Latakia (NET) Red Oak, Red Burley (FLV) and Black Cavendish (NET)…
But definitely not close to a Marlboro… I’ll switch on my old PC look up the good old ejuice me up, see if I can find it and post it!

6 Likes

I know, that was the example with my friends (12-14mg/ml nic, 40W DTL) but couldn’t compose the messege better :grinning:

5 Likes

I was a chain smoker, I use to smoke 30 cigs/day. I start vape with 0 nic just to reduse those cigs.

I was right there where you were. I would kill a carton in 6 days. Started on a Smock Nord MTL with commercial juice and didn’t get the satisfied feeling of the lung and throte hit or enough nic. Switched to DTL pretty quickly mixing at 6 percent nic.

8 Likes

I can’t offer much help other than moral support, but had to chuckle to myself reading this thread. I just passed my 1 year anniversary of not smoking cigarettes thanks to vaping and honestly can’t remember what those green marlboros taste like! Thank Goodness I have no urge to revisit them!!! Was a two pack a day menthol smoker for 35 or so years. That’s really strange to me!

10 Likes

I know that was a shit question…they are zero mechanically inclined so if it doesn’t perform perfectly it will get rejected. I don’t even think they would go so far as to replace a coil (yet I have slowly train them). On another note, I’m leaving town for a week so I’ll be around less. Thanks for the help =)

7 Likes

Tough climb. I was a hand roller so rewicking satisfies the messing about. A good lever in the UK would be the 10 GBP plus it costs for 20 cigarettes.

5 Likes

If you put it that way, I’m inclined to say a simple pod system would be great, something like a Juul or so, but I know in advance that it’s not necessarily what will help them best. As you know very well, the vaping experience, the feeling, the flavors, the nicotine content, how the device feels in your hand, its weight, the looks of it… all properties play a role and different people have different wishes.

Personally, I don’t really like messing about with batteries, chargers, coils, wicks and even liquids. I just want to vape and be done with it. But taken all things in consideration, I’m still mostly dripping, making my own coils, my own liquids, walking around with a mod big enough to pull my pants down. It’s a compromise between the bad and the evil. I still remember the prices of tobacco and it’s only gone up since I vape. I still remember getting up in the middle of the night, driving out to a gas station to buy a pack of cigarettes, smelling of nastiness, having nearly constant throat and sinus problems, being out of breath from minimal effort and so on.

Again, everybody’s different, that’s why there are so many different devices. If you don’t have a wide range of mods/tanks/pods etc to try, I would still recommend every new vaper to go to a shop and find that device and juice that gets you off smoking.
To be successful though, it all has to start with the will to at least consider it and be open to put some effort in changing your habits. If it doesn’t start there, trying to get people to quit smoking will miserably fail.

6 Likes

Be careful with tobacco absolute. It is strong!

5 Likes

I use western @1.5 percent and ten drops of
Menthol wife smoked the marboro light menthol
A d she still vaping it after a year and a half

5 Likes

Shoot, Rex Rabbit… I wish I could remember what the HELL she said… It was during Kindground’s mixathon thing, and I think it was Liana Hudspeth who mentioned it. Anyway, she mentioned she has dead on exact flavor concentrate for Marlboro Lights, I believe. Mentioned the smell is EXACT like when you tear open a new pack. Anyway, I wracked my brain and can’t remember to save my life, but I asked her in the Freedom to Mix group on Facebook to chase me or you down with the flavor rec, so you can help your friends. Hopefully it’ll be exactly what you need, and menthols should be an easy tweak from Lights. Plus a single flavor concentrate recipe is always nice for new vapers. Sending good thoughts to you and your friends. Its Hard, but SO worth it to recruit those we love away from the dark side.:wink:

As for the device, I’m not a pod person, but when I just converted my brother 3 mos ago, I knew he needed a hi nic content, and he flat out told me he wouldn’t use a ‘big’ mod with external batt, and he wanted salt nic at 35% nic, so I wanted to stay away from sub-ohm. So we pretty much had to look at pods and pod type devices, only. Then I got lucky and found a tweakable, rebuildable type mini mod for salt nic instead.

We ended up getting him the Vandy Vape EX Squonk mod… its vari voltage, so there’s essentially 4 different puff strengths, plus its a squonker, and that ‘squeezy’ aspect helped him a ton with all the rituals of smoking. He still had his ‘ritual’ to go thru, squonk his mod a few x, then puff away on the RDA at his preferred strength. Also, another plus for us was the rebuildable RDA (so no risk of running out of commercial coil and going back to cigs) with adjustable airflow designed to be pretty restricted. Anyway, my bro Jake adores his. He’s since bought 2 or 3 other mods, and keeps going back to the tiniest squonk rda ever (whole thing is maybe 2 " tall) , and he’s now tobacco free after 23 year major habit.

Few things for u to know, since clearly you’ll be walking them thru how all this works on whatever device you get them, this deck is TINY. It will only take itty bitty coils. Also, it won’t fire under .8 ohm as a safety feature, since its designed for salt nic. So if you’re buying or building coils, keep that in mind. Also, using is VERY easy. Building is pretty simple too. Jake basically learned with see one-do one-teach one, and now he’s a pro.

Oh, and kits with the mod and RDA are like $50, but they’re on sale in blue, delrin, pink, black at HealthCabin for $25 now, and there’s some 10-20% coupon codes on site, also.

https://www.healthcabin.net/vandyvape-simple-ex-kit-p/18384.html

4 Likes

i think only western (and menthgol) its not good, there something sour in these cigs, may be u should add some sour or different?

2 Likes

She got back to me! Hope this helps your buddies.

The ‘dead on’ Marlboro Light flavoring is DIYFS American Gold. Liana said their Holy Ry4 is also supposed to be good. 20% off coupon, courtesy of Liana:

LianazVapin20

Thanks, Liana, wherever you are. :wink:

5 Likes
1 Like