Calling on the New York Vape Community (and others)

Where did this $0.40/ml number come from? When this was announced in January every single article I read on it said $0.10/ml, and that’s the exact time when I decided to actually start DIY after contemplating it for 8 years.

Wow, Alex is right. I just read the budget proposal itself and they upped the tax to $0.40/ml. I can’t help but think that big tobacco is somehow involved in this, seeing as they will be releasing their PG infused vapable cigarettes very soon.

That’s just part of it :+1:

That call cost me $5 lol. I probably should’ve kept it brief :grin:

2 Likes

Wow brother! Thank you for the support. :punch:

2 Likes

If it’s anything to do with advocacy I’m all in. I just wish I could do more.

1 Like

Same here. We are all in this together.

1 Like

Quick update:

I just called my Senator and spoke with one of his aides. An actual human being! Very welcoming and understood my concerns and thoughts about the tax. He mentioned that he and the Senator have been visited by many local vape shop owners and customers recently to discuss their concerns. I hope he takes them to heart.

Here is the link to send messages and get your local reps phone numbers: http://p2a.co/pkITZMf

3 Likes

I live in CA but I grew up in Rochester NY But I’ll help!:+1:

1 Like

I spent a month in Queens NY so that qualified me to call. So you definitely can too :thumbsup:

1 Like

Some good news :grinning: but more attempts on the way.

2 Likes

Thanks to the ELR members here and abroad who made calls, sent emails and made their voices be heard. :punch:

3 Likes

That’s awesome news brother!

1 Like

Heck yea brother :boom: hopefully the next wave gets taken down as well.

1 Like