Cameras 10char

i went to Three graduations recently one preschool one kindergarten and a moving up ceremony from elementary to middle school , and out of all the people there only a couple people had actual cameras. This got me thinking how nice having a camera would be , im wondering for those with any knowledge is there a camera in the 3 to 4 hundred dollar range that is good for events like this. Yes ive been looking but like ive said over and over im not a techy type of person so all the mb this and pixelx10 that just makes things more confusing so in advance i thank anyone who has a camera or knowledge of a camera that is top notch in that price range , point and click

2 Likes

I recently purchased an ultra compact camera - they are really good now! I bought a Panasonic in a little higher price range, but there are some really good ones in the $300-$400 range as well. Here are a few examples:

Comes in fancy-looking too:

Review here:

I usually look at dpreview.com but that one is OK as well :slight_smile:

I would check out some of the camera review sites - some of them can filter by price range, I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cell phones/smart phones are great cameras. I rarely use my fancy digital camera anymore. The most complex part of using a cell phone is turning it sideways when taking a picture or video. Sort of off topic, I just don’t understand having graduations for pre-school, kindergarten, elementary school. Reckon I’m just old, there was only one graduation when I was growing up going through basic education: high school graduation.

3 Likes

i dont get the graduations either but two of the kids were mine and one was a cousin so i had to go lol i cant stand using my phone camerea its horrible and it has a delay , i had a digital camera a few years back that was great and forgot what it was byt it was stolen now i want one even more after trying to use my phone

If you have an expensive phone, like an iPhone 6S, 7S, Galaxy S7 or something like it - the cameras on them are excellent. Sometimes it’s just nice to have a really good dedicated camera. I hardly use my DSLR anymore, but I do use the ultracompact a little…

1 Like

im not one that upgrades my phone all the time so i still have a LG G4 i think thatd what it is and the camera is horrible , my mom has the samsung s whatever is newest and that camera is great but its srill not as good as my old digital or as convenient imo , iuse to keep the camera in my vehicle so i always had it

1 Like

Yes, I feel the same. The real cameras are better, and in some situations like low light, they’re superior…

Whatever you choose, choose one that can charge by micro-USB :slight_smile: So annoying with the older cameras to have to pull out the battery and place it in a dedicated charger!

1 Like

thank you those are the things i need to know …

If u use a dslr w/stock lenses, you’ll get a similar picture to what u can get from a phone. Now if u upgrade the lens to an L series lens, yes I’m a cannon guy :joy::joy:, you’ll get far better results. Plus the f-stop and shutter speed adjustments allow for far more picture taking tricks. But if you’re not into that, perhaps a decent point n shoot would be the route to go

1 Like

Perhaps also a contender:

I know it’s white, but it’s cheaper than the black one :stuck_out_tongue:

Review:

1 Like

This is the camera I keep in my messenger bag. It does great for point-n-shoot. Hell, my wife’s DSLR stays at home now that we’ve got this little bugger. I like the fact that it’s water and shock proof, as I tend to drop things now and again thanks to some nerve damage in my neck. So far, it’s taken a drop or two and keeps working.

2 Likes

I love that! Waterproof to 15m?! That’s cool! Pretty decent reviews as well!

1 Like

My wife has a fugifilm finepix camera, not that exact model, and loves it. Takes great pics and is very easy to use

1 Like

I haven’t tested the waterproof features(YET) but the missus has taken it out on a few kayak sessions with her dad. She likes the fact that if she were to drop it in the lake it won’t be damaged. For under $200, it’s a damn nice camera.

2 Likes

yes a sony that was what my last camera was that was stolen simple and Great

A Canon Rebel series is great in the lower cost range! It takes pictures almost as high of quality as my better Canon cameras. You could also do well with a Sony in that price range.

Just get at least a 250 mm lens for the close ups.

I saw this on ebay, I dont know anything about the seller but you could find a kit like this for sale:

https://www.ebay.com/i/232360474906?chn=ps&dispItem=1

1 Like

My son shoots some good shots with his I-Phone. Truly surprises me the quality of some of his images.

1 Like