Can anyone teach me to build a half moon shaped coil?

Just as the title says I would like to learn how to build a curved coil.

Just looking to build a simple single strand 2.5mm dia. half moon shaped coil to fit inside a 16ish mm dia. chamber.

why? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Long story short. An experiment in routing airflow from an elongated air inlet to see the effect on flavor. :smirk:

clamp both legs, use a round mandrel larger enough for the curve and push from inside to the outer edge of the deck, MAYBE???

1 Like

bend a screwdriver, wrap on that other wise u could just tighten the posts with the coil starting on your curve and individually stretch each wrap out ward

1 Like

right :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Possibly. I have seen pics of one somewhere. I can spend a lot of time finding or creating something to use as a template… Then find out there was an easier way lol. Hence the question :sunglasses:

LOL, I’ve actually tried it and it worked had to make the coil with a few extra wraps to allow for the bend. worked ok needs to be about a 24g to work and I did it with Kanthal

2 Likes

I do shit just for the hell of it , looking 'round for right rda to try, lmao. I would put a few coat hangers together to make the right diam. and curve to same as barrel and wrap on that

2 Likes

lol I build oval shaped coils using a couple of those famous blue screw drivers that I intentionally broke the plastic off to make a tool for making them! They make top notch flavor over a bottom airflow setup!

1 Like

Could get a plastic rod and drill a hole at 0 and 180 degrees for however many loops. Insert a pin through each whatever spaced hole selected. Pin diameter to what ever drill size dependent on press fitting the pin. Pin material/diameter to be snap resistant.

1 Like

Must be time for bed… I will try to process that after some sleep :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

ELR

Whoops, forgot to uncross the coils, but I think you get the idea.

2 Likes