Can I Get a Little Help From My Friends?

I ran into a bit of trouble when I discovered that my PG was bad. I had already mixed 2 recipes and 4 testers when I discovered it. My new PG order was sent to the wrong carrier facility and will be delayed. So…I figured I would work on a max VG recipe I’ve been floating in my head. I’m wanting to use pineapple only as a sweetener and for slight tropical effect, not a top note. I have 5 in my stash that I’ve never used. I’ve never used pineapple, period. If anyone is willing to look at what I have and help me with a suggestion I’d greatly appreciate it.

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/publicstash/98284

4 Likes

Of your Pineapples, I have the RFSC. You are in luck, though, because that is a GREAT flavor! It has the sweetness you’re looking for, and won’t overpower the mix at 0.5 or 0.6. It should give you what you’re looking for, sweetness and a hint of tropical.

Of course, there may be better options in your stash that I have no experience with, so maybe someone else can compare.

Edit: if 0.5 or 0.6 don’t hit the mark, I think you could push it up to 0.8-1% without becoming a top note. I use it from 1.5-2.25 for a top, depending on type of recipe.

5 Likes

Hey thx! Plunderdrum :smiley:

5 Likes

I would try the RF pineapple 0.2- 0.3 to start off with. It will get stronger with a steep so start very low. I pif’d the TFA, can’t remember why now. Not familiar with the others you have. I don’t have the RF but it seems the most likely candidate.

5 Likes

I stopped using the TPA Pineapple because it went from basically clear to this in about 3 months…

7 Likes

What happened to it, did it get contaminated with something?

4 Likes

I didn’t have it long, the flavor was off but just can’t remember what the off note was. I pif’d at least 25% of the flavors from my first couple orders. There are ones I’ve gotten again now that I’ve gained a smidge of experience and knowledge. Just got FA bilberry in for another go for example.

3 Likes

What kind of recipe is this? Fruity, Creamy, Cakey?

3 Likes

I’m not aware of any contamination but it’s unpleasantly bitter. Not the usual taste I know. That prompted me to check the Best By date which was Feb 2019. I realize that being 5 months past the date won’t “kill me” but the taste was so unpleasant. I didn’t notice any peculiar odors and it’s still clear.

4 Likes

Well, I’m thinking of naming it Coconut Cream Cloud. So, yes, creamy but with other accents that support and pair well with coconut. Who knows, maybe it will end up in a different direction than I thought.

3 Likes

You got me jonesin for a tropical cream mix! I made this very loosely based on your description, just to see what i could come up with. Trying to keep the fruits in the background, heavy on the Coconut Cream. I’m not postimg this as a suggestion, just showing what you’ve inspired. I hope yours turns out good while you wait for your PG!

4 Likes

Thx Plunderdrum. Your recipe is interesting. Especially the name…very clever. I see you use NF. How do you like their coconut? I usually use FA Coconut or INW Coconut Cookies. I love coconut but for some reason I have to double down on it to taste it. I do have DFSC (SC) (RF) but haven’t used it yet. When I see recipes like yours I wonder if the mixer is PG intolerant or just happy with the flavor company. I’m just now becoming familiar with Flavorah and their coconut is good.

3 Likes

Haha! Yeah, i wanted to relate it to your idea but not use your full recipe name. I was pretty sure your idea was fairly different from this.

You did assume correctly on the lack of PG flavors there. But, I’ve found some great flavors that are off the radar for most mixers due to my limitations. My wife is mildly intolerant, so I don’t buy any PG based flavors.

The NF Coconuts are very good. I like them around 0.5-1%, but they can go up to 2% if you want it really bold. I split the difference here to add the Coconut Cream when i usually just use the regular Coconut.

So, I’m both avoiding PG annnd happy with the company! They have many awesome flavors. NF are cheap to try out if you search diyvaporsupply.

DFSC is one of my favorites. It’s not very deep fried, and has very little cake, but it does a great job of mimicking the Cream Filling of a Twinkie with just hints of the other attributes. It can go up to 2.25% in a simple mix if you want mostly that effect and a bit of Raspberry or something. Good as a Cream booster @ 0.5-1.25. Ymmv!

3 Likes