Can i mix 9months old pg 100mg with new pg 100mg?

I do not doubt your experience, but glass does not have an actual shatter point caused by cold temperatures, it shatters due to temperature change at a rate causing molecular movement at a rapid rate. Having artistic glass working experience I can attest that temperature control of glass can be very tricky. Filling very cold liquid into a room temp, container was the problem and capping them contained the cold, causing the rapid cooling of the glass and the subsequent disaster,. Just my thought, Like canning always warm the jars before filling with hot liquid, same idea just reversed.

4 Likes

@anon13011326 I wish I could provide more details. Iā€™d never experienced this before, and having broken down countless liters of NIC it surprised me. Had about 17 60ml bottles lined up, funnel, gloves, etc., started filling. Got about one row down, capped tightly, moved on. About the time I reached the last row, some of the tops literally POPPED apart and off the bottles. Clearly pressure related. As I was scrambling to loosen the OTHER tops, a bottle ā€œclinkedā€ into another bottle and it basically shattered, again, clearly related to pressure inside the bottle.

Iā€™m no chemist, but I will never forget the fun of cleaning up 120ml of 100mg NIC and shattered glass.

My solution, just started leaving 3/4" of air gap. Same bottles, same procedure, same freezer, same caps, and no issues.

3 Likes

But wont the oxygen from the air gap oxidised the nicotine if you do it that way?

2 Likes

I would take the full bottles and pour a little of each into the less than full bottle.
Put them all in a leak proof somethingā€¦zip-lock, tupperware, etc.
Stick that in your freezer.
No, I would not mix old/new nic.

1 Like

@delltrapp Obviously the BEST solution is oxygen free, but Iā€™m not topping mine off with Argon. Heat, Light, and Oxygen are all the enemies. A small air gap isnā€™t really going to wreck your NIC, especially if itā€™s in a dark freezer.

1 Like