Can i mix 9months old pg 100mg with new pg 100mg?

Hi i just wonder i recently filled up 5 glas bottles of 100ml pg 100mg all the way to the top but on the last 5th bottle that was not possible cause i probably lost little anyway can i then take some other pg100mg and put in and fill up?

2 Likes

Or is it gonna crack if i dont put in more?

2 Likes

Are you talking with nicotine, or just pg?

If its just pg, should be no problem. With nicotine, might be an issue…

3 Likes

Okey why is that? Yes its 100mg pg

2 Likes

well, pg by itself really won’t go bad so mixing old with new not really a problem. Nic on the other hand will oxidize. I said could be a problem, because if the old nic is oxidized and you mix with new, then your mix will be slightly peppery

4 Likes

Okok i understand but what you think i should do? Cause the 5th bottle is not filled the hole way up to the top just dont want it to crack

2 Likes

why would it crack? the bottle won’t crack only because it’s half full…

2 Likes

Unless you are freezing below -74.2°F -59°C you will not have a problem

3 Likes

Okey i have no idea how cold my freezer is =) but its pretty old

2 Likes

The bottles won’t crack in your freezer.

5 Likes

household freezer wont even come close

4 Likes

What will happen tho, you will have to treat that mixed bottle as it does have the “old” nic in it, as old nic. the new nic will take on the properties of the old, and it will no longer be “new nic”.

I hope this makes sense… it should last as long as it is stored in the freezer.
The longest testing time of nic that I know of is at least 10 years, with a 1% degradation happening every year after the first year in storage…

4 Likes

You should be able to tell if the old nicotine has any oxidation by looking at the color. If it is tinted in any way compared to your new batch, then you’ll know.

4 Likes

Everyone here have gave you great answers, so I’m just gonna say

1. You wont crack a bottle if it’s just pg and nicotine.
  2. Use the bottle that you mixed with the older nicotine first
2 Likes

@min0 I HIGHLY recommend leaving about a 3/4" air gap at the top of every bottle to give you some extra space in case you NIC contracts or expands. You don’t want to have any blown/cracked bottles. You are in NO danger of cracking a bottle by UNDER filling it, but you CAN BE if you OVERFILL it.

4 Likes

@min0 as to your other question, if you should top off your NEW NIC with some OLD NIC, I would say not to. As others have said, no need to contaminate it with possibly oxidizing NIC. Better to leave all the fresh, new NIC in it’s own bottles, even if there is some air space, and use up your OLDEST NIC first.

2 Likes

So says the bottle cracker.

2 Likes

Oh yes, I HAVE seen bottles crack, pop, and blow due to OVERFILLING !!!

1 Like

When I researched this I came to the understanding that there is NO expansion of Nicotine in a PG or VG base, unlike water that expands upon freezing and both PG and VG are well below household freezer temperatures. Am I wrong???

3 Likes

@anon13011326 Yes. I can’t say what it was, but I was breaking down a just delivered 100mg 100PG NIC container into a batch of 60ml amber glass bottles. I had kept the 1L container in the freezer before breaking it down, so the NIC was cold. Lined up all the bottles, started filling them, leaving very little air gap, and capped them off. Before I could get the entire batch filled, I was greated with more than a few caps POPPING off, and one bottle slid into another bottle, shattering it. I am 100% sure this was due to an increase of pressure in the bottles, as the PG NIC warmed up to room temp.

Granted I was making a lot of 60ml bottles, but the entire process didn’t seem it took THAT long. Needless to say, I am now ALWAYS leaving at least a 3/4" air gap in every bottle.

2 Likes