Can someone give me opinions on this?

Thanks Fidalgo! Yeah 2% SS like you said seems to be around the commercial levels used that I’m used to.

8 Likes

Then BIG props to you! Consider that a milestone man.

Dunno about him but there’s a few of us six-string slingers here.
Then there’s those other people that hit skins w/sticks…
-cough-SD -cough- :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Thanks TorturedZen. Funnily enough that stuff would probably kill you faster than cigarettes would.

That’s great. What guitar do you play? This is my main one. It’s a Joe Bonamassa signature model:

12 Likes

Other things you could add…

think: creams, nuts (coconut), other contrasting fruits, even some alcohol tasting flavors :wink:

Solos rule, especially when you are soo bored with multi complex recipes…

Um mhmmm you forgot me with my 1 and 2 stringers :stuck_out_tongue:
and I like to hit shins and other body parts too… on a regular basis, apparently :rofl:

8 Likes

All mine:

my wild cherry 3 string lap steel

My 4 string gourd gitty

and been learning how to build from my friend Randy… He tends to carve a lot… like this…

81305255_3106725509342255_9149928791877877760_o

the funny tho is I love my uke, its all beat up, traveled all over the USA and I know at least 4 chords on it :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

2%Super sweet is an awful lot, but it’s what commercial companies use. Personally I use about 0.25-0.5% which is more than enough for me. You may find that you will slowly begin to reduce the amount of sweetener you use, as it tends to “mask” flavours. It can cover all manner of ills,(which is why commercial companies use so much) but it also masks good flavours too. Hence, the better mixer you become, the more you will want to actually taste the recipe. Hope this is of some use.

11 Likes

Thanks Steve I didn’t know about sweetener covering up other flavours. Thanks for the tip!

6 Likes

Awesome. I did the same thing and I am happy to say that I also quit the soda’s and the sweets. It was rather difficult but it worked and I am thankful.

Welcome to the forum @JonnyL1994 and good luck with your new hobby.

5 Likes

@JonnyL1994 sending you a warm welcome

3 Likes

Awesome Dan thanks for sharing. I think soda’s should be talked about in the same way regarding health, as cigarettes are. A soda addiction would kill you way faster than cigarettes I believe. Congrats!

Thanks Englishguy I appreciate it!

4 Likes

Dan Taught me so much he is a legend

6 Likes

Anyone have any recommendations on mango flavourings? Or any good tropical fruit flavourings in general?

I added 2.5% of CAP Sweet Mango to the above recipe, and it’s pretty good I think.

3 Likes

Inawera’s mango and tango is quite awesome. here is a link to some flavor testing.

5 Likes

I don’t remember who it was, maybe @SessionDrummer, who suggested jackfruit and mango. I’ve not been bold enough to try it but, there it is…:sweat_smile: I don’t much like mango, so…:joy: It may also, coulda been @Gsnap… I don’t remember…:neutral_face:

5 Likes

just tuned in. G&L Legacy, Gibson goldtone 30w, various harmonicas, platinum voice :wink: :wink:

2 Likes