Can't get any juice to taste good

I’m glad to see you didn’t order more 4oz bottles the second time around. I would definitely stick with small bottles of flavoring until you get some recipes down that you like. It can get real expensive, real quick buying 4oz bottles. I hope you have some better results in the future.

3 Likes

Thank you all for the feedback, it’s been rough lol, I am going to be making some flavors that were suggested to me later today, and I’m gonna leave them for two weeks and do as I was told. I will report back in 10 days or 2 weeks. I hope something can change so i don’t have to keep buying expensive juice!

2 Likes

I read thru this thread and didn’t find anyone asking this question, which I think, is an important one…

Have you tried mixing without any nic at all yet?

When I had some bad (old or untested and too strong) Nicotine last, it was from heartland unfortunately. I couldn’t vape ANYTHIng i had mixed with it.

Also, make sure you are shaking EVERYTHING well before you mix with it.

3 Likes

@Little_Blue_Screwdri beat me the punch about purchasing the 4oz bottles of flavoring when first trying out new flavors. While it is nice that you get such a great price point on the larger volume purchases, unless you really know that the flavor is what your going to use (a lot of) it would be more advantageous to have purchased smaller quantities of those ingredients, while using that same vape budget to have purchased different varieties. Yeah, I know, hind sight is 20/20. I would also HIGHLY suggest looking over some of the recipes in the recipe side of the site, go into the flavor list part and place in one of your flavors, say the strawberry, pull up your version of the ingredient and look over what percentages some of the other users use, look at the recipes drop down for that ingredient and see what others have made with it… that should give you a good idea of either trying one of those mixes that others have tried and what other ingredients they used to achieve a balanced mix (hopefully).

1 Like

I have tried mixing without nicotine, the nicotine hasn’t given me a problem, I make my wife a simple sweet tart recipe @ 3% flavoring and she loves it… I usually don’t use any NIC until I like it… And yes I am getting the small sample bottles now, I have some coming today. But with the nicotine I haven’t had any bad taste or anything with it. Now for storage should I keep it in the freezer? Or is it ok sitting with my mixing supplies?

1 Like

I have searched and searched for recipes and tried ALOT of them, I start to think I’m crazy or they are with the recipes I see on the site, they all do not taste good at all… And I’m starting to find out that I ordered strawberry(ripe) from heartland, but I got strawberry. I think they messed up my order… I just noticed that

The other caveat is that most people run into the same issue at the beginning. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to mix ejuice. But it does require alittle but of practice and a few stumbles along the way.

That’s why those sticky threads at the top are so important. Most of the issues at the start are over flavoring (too high of a percent), fail to mix/shake concentrates or nic, or improper mixing skills like not not being spot on with measurements.

As for most people. Yup that was me. Some of it was flavor percentages, and not shaking the concentrates enough when the bottles were new and completely full

…on not shaking flavors. I had received some Yogurt which I just uncapped to smell (OMFG!). Clearly the butyric acid had floated to the top, which is the smell of vomit …also the the critical flavor of butter/cream/yogurt. Once I shook the flavor I could barely smell. If I had made a yogurt mix without shaking that bottle …well. Also the remainder of the flavoring would have been useless (on any subsequent batch, why doesn’t this taste like yogurt?) after pouring off a core flavor component.

On Strawberry Ripe… not a huge fan as a top note/standalone, but I use it in many of my mixes. Sometimes the names can be misleading, and I am most grateful for this site where I learned taste details re: different type/brands of SB. I like TFA Strawberry in a higher percentage and add about 1/3 Strawberry Ripe to round out the end result …lotsa Strawberries! all different. Hang in there!

1 Like

Both of the screenshots/clips of your order show Strawberry TFA not Strawberry (ripe). As with @BoDarc I normally mix different Strawberries, my step-daughter goes through tons… sorry mis-spelt that… TOOOONNNNNSSSS of a simple Strawberry mix I made up:

StrawTips
6.00% Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA)
5.00% Sweet Strawberry (CAP)
5.00% Vanilla Custard v2 (CAP)

Simple 3 ingredient recipe and she will vape a good 120ml in a week to a week and a half as a guess. It has been the only thing she would vape with the exception of a juice called “Ghost” (not the fruity one that is out and about in stores, but a house mix from some place in Texas… (who btw told her they would give her the recipe for selling some of their juice at a small local event (not vape related) but then reneged).
@Code-Vape had a recipe (it appears they have changed it to private) called Stellar Strawberry (Code-Vape) and another called Step Sister V2 (Code-Vape), while I haven’t tried the Step Sister mix, Stellar Strawberry is a pretty nice and balanced mix, my step daughter also liked it (and I made a new 50ml testing batch of it with a slight change).

3 Likes

I have been shaking the flavoring like crazy every time I mix, and is that recipe above require steeping? Or do you let it steep?

If your talking about my mix… since it has Custard I would let it steep about 2 weeks, 1 week min, but it really settles into it’s own at about 3 weeks (and just so you know I do use a frother to stir the juice right after mixing it). She likes this mix so much she wanted me to make a half liter up but I told her no, just didn’t want to use up so much ingredients, I suppose to depart again for a few weeks starting Saturday, I think I’ll make up a 30ml stone of it for her before I depart.

So sorry your having a difficult time. I find that TFA’s VBIC is not suitable for SnV it’s too peppery and needs around 3-4 weeks for a really creamy sweeter experience. I also know that the SB TFA isn’t all that sweet nor flavorful even around 10% it is a more realistic one but not a juicy sweet one. The double kiwi took me a while to get used to I in fact enjoy FA’s more. So down the road you may want to pick it up and revisit your SB/kiwi combo use FA’s SB red touch it is awesome.

I seen you have smooth TFA in your cart this is for a harsh batch mainly flavor profiles you’d like to tone down…it will rob your batch of any flavoring be careful 1 drop per 10 mls will do and honestly it may still weaken your batch the same thing goes for the BB cotton candy stay low in the 1% mark if your not intending on vaping that batch down quick as the ethyl malto in the cotton candy will demolish flavoring w/ in a few weeks.

I would have to say it’s time to get some FA, FLV, INW , as these are all heavy concentrated flavorings that will make a huge difference. They’re quite accurate in flavor profiles as well.

You can use a small portion of the raspberry to boost your SB it helps give it more of a sweeter flavor. If your finding you don’t like your SB all that much try using your cap’s Raspberry around 1.5-2% with the SB at whatever % you are doing.

I am curious what your overall % is in a batch ? Too much flavoring and too little pretty much are tasteless weird but true.

The answer is…YES…but chemically, although it will seem magically.

1 Like

@CallMeTut I hope that Step-daugher is footing your Flavor Bill or mowing your lawn :wink: That’s a good Dad tho, getting her off cigs. Heh for Father’s Day maybe she’ll get you a Liter of Nic …more likely some larger glass bottles
:sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve gone with 1% stepping up a percent, all the way to 11% as a standalone, I have mixed all my flavors from 1% on, I have been staying up until 5 am every night trying to get a good flavor. (I’m running out of store bought juice) also I have tried 50/50 60/40 70/30 (that’s my ideal base) I have been trying my ass off, i save all the crap juice and its steeping right now… I made a Bavarian cream flavor. It’s about 3-4 days old and I think I can taste it getting better, but then I say to myself I’m crazy lol

Would any of the flavors I got coming today be ok to mix and vape? I’m thinking the cotton candy might be ok to mix n vape… I don’t know though

Is your stash put into the ELR database? ( what is your name on the calculator …is it the same ? I am Amy*** over there and Amy2 here ) I don’t really know what all flavors you have ?

I want you to make something successful too as soon as you do it will relieve you and you can start to enjoy DIY’n.

BB cotton candy isn’t going to be great as a Stand alone I can vouch as I have the flavor and when I’ve used it too high in the past the flavoring wasn’t that great…but to each their own and everyone’s taste buds are different. When I first started out I could vape this one ADV circus cotton candy 15% bilberry FA 2% that goes to show you that it is really different between starting out where your taste buds are wrecked versa where I am today…I tried to adapt my own mix and remix it…it was just too gross I went w/ 2% bilberry and 4% cotton candy and it was just too much so split it again too much so we all have our trials and errors this is part of the whole experience…however we need to get you a few good stand by recipes that taste good to you so you can let the other juices steep.

As far as the Bavarian cream goes I have never tried it as a stand alone it is a great flavor maybe you’ll enjoy it. The over all % of 11 isn’t that high for a newer vaper it doesn’t mean you need more necessarily but you just may to get the taste your really looking for !

You may consider increasing some of your %s but watch each flavor has it’s own limits at too high it can go b4 it’s gross…suggested ratio use are different for each. That’s when things like adding raspberry to boost sb comes in handy and helpful so you don’t over do it with just one flavoring.

This is critical ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
All of the tools, knowledge, basics, etc. are right here in ELR. It may take a little time to learn how to navigate them, but there are also many threads here that explain how.

We are used to a flavor name going with a specific taste [all of our lives], but it is different when mixing…‘Strawberry’ is a good example. There are so many tools on the ELR recipe site, and the main ones when starting out are the ones that teach you about each [specific] flavor, and how to best use them. It is priceless.

I do have a suggestion, whether you like ‘nut’ flavors or not, but the BEST shake-and-vape recipe I have ever tried, is also a daily vape for me, and I have two different devices that are DEDICATED to it. Plus it just gets better with aging.
It has also received over 50 5star ratings.

1 Like

I have my flavor stash created and I have been using the recipe portion of this site, also I have been studying my flavors on this site so so so much. This is a fantastic site, and the help is wonderful, just need to vape something that doesn’t make me wanna pour all this shit down the drain and go buy some store bought overpriced stuff

3 Likes

I’m no expert by any means, but my main suggestions from personal experience are:

1. Don’t over-flavor - less is more in some cases.
  2. Keep it simple - if you start out with complicated recipes, it’s not going to give you much of an idea of the individual flavors.
  3. Let it steep at least a week before deciding that it’s trash.
  4. Shake, shake, shake - your nicotine, your flavorings, your final e-liquid. This is crucial.
1 Like