Cantaloupe recommendations

Hello,

I am joining noted on 1/18 for Cantaloupe. It’s a flavor I like, so even for not being the worlds best flavor tester, I hope I can contribute.
Do you have any recommendations for me? I have CAP/FW and I have TFA incoming.
So I am looking for other flavor manufacturers, percentages. Everything which could be worth sharing as a guest.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Congrats @SteveTC. Good for you mate. Not a fruit fan here but wish you well with this. :grin:

6 Likes

Thank you for the good wishes, I love fruits. I work hard on trying desserts and bakery, but the most I come to love atm in this direction is a fruit custard or a fruit yogurt.:wink:

7 Likes

Personally, I think Flavorah has one of the best Cantaloupe flavors. I think it’s great because it not only has a decent flavor, but makes for a fantastic booster in recipes at low percentages. Say you want a juice to be more “juicier”, add .5-1% FLV cantaloupe and it enhances it (without it turning into a melon vape). Akin to FA pear, in that regard.

12 Likes

Flavour Art cantaloupe. It’s kinda dry though. weird.

7 Likes

MF cantaloupe, I sometimes open it and smell it just to appreciate it for what it is. A must try if you are going to be reviewing cantaloupes if you can afford it.

8 Likes

Not a fruitfan but I think you’re right. The Wild Melon is also very good from FLV.

11 Likes

I do the same but with MF cantaloupe. As a matter of fact you are the one who taught me that.

Anywho, @SteveTC you should let me send you some MF cantaloupe. Either the concentrate or I can mix some up with the GC and send it and it will be ready by the time you get it.

Maybe someone can mix up a sample of Flv cantaloupe and send you some.

10 Likes

NF is a fantastic Cantaloupe, not many are hip to it, but it is spot-on at 0.5-1%

And, +1 for the MF!

8 Likes

I was going to suggest this but I figured you can’t go wrong with any MF flavors, so its a given :blush:

Indeed :drooling_face:

10 Likes

don’t shoot the messenger hahah but wild melon reminds me of cantaloupe

10 Likes

That is a great idea GC the MF for him to try. My GC should arrive today. Dan you are the Man.

9 Likes

True Dat as they say. BTW it’s good to see you. I hope you and your son are getting along famously…

6 Likes

Thank you again for all the recommendations and hints.

Noted Cantaloupe is up tomorrow at 10 PM ET.

7 Likes

And here the link:

It was a fun experience.

8 Likes

Good on you Steve- so have you got a cantaloupe trinity for us. VSO 3%, MF/INW 2% flv1% or something like that? Not sure on the % to use but those 3/4 seem to be the top of their class maybe.?

5 Likes

Looks like that’s a remaining open task.

4 Likes

I dont think MF that high paired with other Cantaloupes would be the right way to go …I think it would get too floral .

5 Likes

too much for sure, they would be each ones max just about do you think

5 Likes

I havent had the chance to play with VSO yet , But if I was gonna add MF Cantaloupe it would be about .5 to 1 pct in a recipe . I have all three so maybe in the next couple days I’ll play with them using drops in a 10ml to see if i can get a good Combo …To be honest when I first tried MF Cantaloupe it was off putting to me bc I used it too high and it went floral . What I have been wanting to do is pull all my MF out again and retest SF.

5 Likes