Capella Flavor Drops Tasting Notes

Good rescue @SthrnMixer. I see these rescue post very often. Sometimes it’s simpler guide a person to a good version of a flavor, than to require another flavor to make it what it should be. Why by two subpar flavors when you can buy one that’s spot on. I did this for a long time before I learn to study up on one good flavor. It’s made all the difference for me.

3 Likes

You can add Sweet Watermelon to the list of crap Cap melons. LoL. It has kind of a plastic taste to me. It’s weird. Their Cantaloupe didn’t offend me. I kinda liked it. Haven’t used it since, though. I’ve got about a hundred melons that I need to get through and try.

Also, I get that drowning thing. That’s me and TPA black tea. The only thing I like with it is drowning it in mint. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

True. And speaking of that (and watermelon in particular) I love the flavor of the MF Watermelon. It’s SOOOO good and true to reality. However, I also love the taste of watermelon candy, such as is in Jolly Ranchers. It’s very appealing and really what I was hoping for when I first got the CAP watermelon flavors. I got the Sweet Watermelon first. Disappointed big time. So I thought Double Watermelon would be better. Again, highly disappointed. But I still have plenty of the Sweet Watermelon and I’m determined to figure out what will make it work. Stubborn ass I am, but I have like 40ml of the stuff LOL :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, starting a new thread. Now I’m going to pick some brains!

1 Like

I feel ya there. I have several of those too. That’s why when @DarthVaper said he found use for TPA Vanilla Custard, I was all over his post. I had 8oz TPA VC… I gave away 4oz… and I still have 4oz.

1 Like

I use TPA VC when I’m wanting to get more eggy flavor from a custard. In that respect it’s quite good. Steep if for 20 years tho :laughing:

3 Likes

@DarthVapor said to keep it below 2% or it goes whacky. I just never got anything good from it because I used it higher than he suggested.

2 Likes

Yeah, for me at least, and a few others, it gets really peppery tasting above 3% or so. Just like PV says, I get excellent results at 2 or lower with another custard/cream. You still get that eggy flavor without the thick pepper like taste :wink:

2 Likes

Here’s a good example of when it works (for me)

I originally made this with only TFA custard and even though it was good, I couldn’t get past the “peppery” after taste. So after experimenting with my custards I found a good balance that would allow to pull out some of TFA’s heavy custard notes without exploiting them at the higher %s

Peach Kiwi Swirl

Ingredient %
Kiwi Double (TPA) 2.8
Peach (INAWERA) 1.8
Vanilla Custard (Flavorah) 2
Vanilla Custard (TPA) 1
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 3
White Peach (FA) 1.2
Yellow Peach (CAP) 1.6

Flavor total: 13.4%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!

Now this isn’t some complex custard recipe, I’m just using it as an example of where I keep it

3 Likes

Lol I’m totally confused right now.

2 Likes

He confused you with @DarthVapor :wink:

1 Like

So wait you’re telling me my completely original name isn’t as original as I had thought? damn…I knew I should of went with Bob…

3 Likes

It’s totally original - Only 25 users on ELR called Darth Vapor :smiley: hahah :smiley:

4 Likes

Phew…if it was 30 I would had been worried I wasn’t being original :wink:

4 Likes

You’re not alone! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I find the cap peanut butter taste more like burnt peanuts, is this true foe tpa as well? Or am I the only one?

Personally, I think it’s a very nice peanut butter. If you take it too high, it can get a little off tasting, so if you get it, just keep it kinda low until you find your spot.

1 Like

If you get the Flavorah Peanut Butter you’ll be hitting something nice right off the bat!

1 Like

Used it at 6.6% with 3.3% bananas ( tpa inw cap) where would you suggest I start JoJo? It overpowered the bananas in all 3 versions

John, I don’t have those bananas. I only have Flavorah peanut butter and banana. When I got my flavors this was the first recipe I made. It’s a good shake n’ vape. Sorry, and I know this is a Capella thread but there are just so many of their flavors that are sub par I don’t think it’s right not to mention their superior counterparts.

Monkey Nuts (SthrnMixer Original)

Ingredient %
Banana (Flavorah) 3
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 5
Marshmallow (TPA) 3
Peanut Butter (Flavorah) 4

Flavor total: 15%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
1 Like

@SthrnMixer thx that info is definitely welcome. Will be putting in another order soon and would prefer to buy the better flavs