Capella sweet mango

Hi guys, I recently started mixing but as I use salt nic in a pod device so its been difficult. I first tried cappella sweet mango at 15% and it was awful I tried it at lower and higher concentrations and it was still awful with a musty aftertaste. I tried other flavors and made some solid stuff but this is really getting at me because everyone says its supposed to be great and I really love mango. Also if someone has an idea of how to test liquid for pods without having to empty and clean out pods it would make life much simpler thanx

7 Likes

You might want to layer that mango with something else. Are you using sweetener?
The only alternative to testing flavors without the pods is a single coil rda,

4 Likes

You are on the first steps of a very large stairway.
Mixing flavors is more complex than you had hoped, but dont despair.
I think all of us started out thinking that you just take the yum yum juice and put it in the magic glycerine and sit back and enjoy rich lustrous flavor. My first flavor order was a starter pack of ten flavors from liquid Barn and some bottles, I opened the box with glee and mixed all the flavors in all ten bottles and wound up with hardly anything vapable.
These flavors are all, for the most part, chemical compounds that imitate aromas. Then you mix them together and those compounds battle it out with each other, and the results can be unpredictable at best.
The best advice I can offer is to learn this site, the search feature, the frequently asked questions, the recipe pages.
As far as your original question which I’ve largely ignored, without looking at the “notes” for that flavor, I would think to get the percentage down to like 2%, and find a “base” to go with it, like a vanilla cream or a sugar cookie, maybe a yogurt. If I’m going in blind I’m at 5% vanilla ice cream, .75 Capella super sweet, and maybe 1% of a cookie or graham cracker.
My first successes came from looking up recipes from other more experienced mixers and just making those.
A few experienced mixers of note? Freshpies, session drummer, fidalgo, TOC, Rocky Tooney, and there’s many more…
I hope this helps. Didn’t mean to sound condescending.

8 Likes

First of all welcome.
What @Chef_Johnny said. It can be along staircase, after 6 years of mixing there are still certain flavors which still alluded me. Several things can change flavor/taste of a juice, first and foremost taste is very subjective, what one person loves another may find absolutely disgusting. From there multiple things can change flavors, 1- hardware used, 2- flavor percentages, 3- vg/pg ratios, 4z nicotine percentages, 5- sweeteners, and I’m sure there’s a slew more.
As @Chef_Johnny said learn to use the available tools here and on the recipe side, and don’t give up eventually it will pay off.
Here is a simple 2 flavor mango layer that works for me.
Sweet mango (cap) 1.5%
Island mango (wf) 4%
Best of luck to you

8 Likes

There isn’t an easy way to test on a pod and you would need to test on an mtl rebuildable tank or rda…and work up from there.

It sounds like you have a good grasp on keeping mixes simple for pods which is great because you can do a billion layers like we do for rda.

It may be time to try another mango. I do like flv’s mangos and also FA’s new let Indian special mango. Combined they are pretty good.

That said…maybe you could add 1-2 drops of fa cream fresh or mallow per 10ml mixed and just a touch of your favorite strawberry…but you are not adding SB to taste the SB…rather you are using it to shave down the harder edges of the mango.

7 Likes

Welcome to the forum @braindead25

6 Likes

Welcome and glad you joined.

5 Likes

Thanks guys, first off this is great so many ppl who like to help others really an encouraging forum! I found that flavors are muted in general on pod devices. I tried more complex recipes that did not taste even remotely like they were supposed to however I did try simpler flavors and found that fruity flavors carry ok. I did have to use close to triple the percentage of flavorings to get a really vibrant flavor also I did find a great recipe here called prickly victory that works great on pods but it isnt sweet on pods without sweetener. About the cap mango I masked most of the musty taste by substituting over half of it with TPA juicy peach.The basic concepts of mixing for pods seem less daunting. ALL my friends who vape use salt nic so I do have a great crowd for testing and feedback. THANK YOU your advice was all spot on

9 Likes

@braindead25 welcome to the ELR forum.

4 Likes

Welcome to ELR @braindead25.

5 Likes

Welcome mate :+1:

5 Likes