Caramel (Original) TPA (Old vs New)

Can someone help me out on this? I don’t have the experience and knowledge with these older but common flavors. My newer bottle of the above is darker than the older one. Have they changed the formula in recent years? And if so, can you tell me what to expect?

2 Likes

I don’t know this particular one but I’ve seen it with a few flavors that they are sometimes darker or more brown-ish than the last batch or the other way round. Have you noticed a difference in taste?

5 Likes

Are they both TPA Caramel (Original)? I was wondering if the DX Caramel (Original) is just being labelled as Caramel by some sellers.

Strangely I’ve been noticing the opposite: Bottles of TPAs Granny Smith are getting lighter.

2 Likes

Lighter after it’s been sitting in your place for a while or was the new batch lighter?
I’ve noticed both, lighter and darker from batch to batch but no colour changes from just sitting there. Not without nicotine anyway…

2 Likes

Sorry, I haven’t SFT the both of them. Honestly, since this is an old favorite I was hoping someone could spare me the time in having to test them. Also, the newer and darker bottle has a defective cap and I can’t open it. I’ll have to use a Terminator tool on it, lol. The older and lighter one smells like a rich buttery caramel. If it vapes like it smells that would be A okay with me.

5 Likes

Affirmative, both from BCF but different dates. If they weren’t from BCF I might accept the fact of a mislabeling.

2 Likes

What is wrong with capella caramel v1 Muth?

Since that’s in the title I figured may as well check: I’ve got a 30mL bottle in the cupboard from the last order I haven’t tested at all yet - apart from cracking the bottle open and smelling it.

Smells like caramel? But caramel isn’t the holy grail to me the way it is to you.

Wondering what a caramel freak thinks of it before I mix it with anything.

1 Like

Nothing. Smells okay but weak. Honestly, I should just replace my old caramels. I think they ran their course. I’m not alone in caramel hell. Some people have issues with caramel like some have with SB or peppery vanilla. Either it’s too weak or smells and tastes like a chemical bomb or a rubber factory.

5 Likes

Off topic but have you tried flv caramel or wf caramel butter? Two of my favorites.

3 Likes

Not off topic at all. Every year or so I bring up the caramel topic again :anguished: FLV Caramel is a good flavor but is thin and needs to be fleshed out. I love the smell of WF Caramel Butter but it’s so weak. Doesn’t vape like it smells, to me anyway. I can get along with SSA Milky Caramel Fudge but wished it was stronger. I’m going to experiment with beefing up some of the ones my buds agree with and see if I can get a well balanced, buttery, rich caramel. I might have to use some Butterscotch. And I might have to replace some of the old ones. They could have weakened or changed chemistry. Sorry for the rant but caramels always make me rant :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Have you tried any of the Solub Arome Caramels @muth? I have heard very good reports about them and some people even reckon that they are the best. I have a couple but I don’t see many recipes that use them so I might try substituting with them to see what they do.

4 Likes

No I haven’t. Where are they available? Thx Lucas

3 Likes

I don’t know much about US vendors but a quick Google showed this place up.

3 Likes

I have an old 4oz bottle of TPA Caramel Original. It is dark brown, 3 years old and the older it gets the better it tastes to me it seems. I haven’t gotten any new lately.

6 Likes

Well heck mine might be older than that, I should try it! Thx for the tip :grinning:

4 Likes