CASAA National Call to Action 10.27.2015

(Please note: At the time of this writing, changes to the FDA deeming regulations have not been published. CASAA’s assessment of the FDA’s proposed regulations is based on the version that was published in 2014. That having been said, it will take nothing short of a complete overhaul of the proposed deeming rule in order to allow nearly even 10% of vapor products currently on the market to remain on the market.)

Today, Tuesday, October 27th, longtime vaping opponent the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids (CTFK) has organized a call-in action to urge President Obama to put pressure on the FDA to finalize their Tobacco Deeming Regulations. What CTFK and others are failing to mention is that if the deeming regulations are enacted as written, 99.9% of the vapor products currently on the market will be gone within two to four years. Make no mistake, the current proposed regulations will have a devastating impact on consumers and businesses alike; not to mention the obvious damage to public health.

First, if you have not already done so, it is critical that you send an email to your Congressional representative and Senators asking them to support and co-sponsor HR 2058, a bill that would stop the FDA from banning 99%-plus of vapor products.

Second, please take a moment, on Wednesday, October 28th, to
Call the White House at 202-465-1111.
We have provided talking points below.

Third, please share this post with your friends.

Talking points:

I am calling to urge President Obama to protect consumer choice and demand that the FDA re-work its Tobacco Deeming Regulations so that the existing wide variety of e-cigarette and vapor products can remain on the market.

As written, the FDA’s proposed e-cigarette regulations will remove 99.9% of vapor products from the market.

Please briefly share your personal story about switching to vapor products. Make sure to include any improvements in health you have experienced or, perhaps, that your doctor has observed. If the variety of flavors are important to you, be sure to mention that too.

Thank you. I hope we can count on the President to protect adult access to these life-saving products.

http://blog.casaa.org/2015/10/national-call-to-action-tell-white.html

1 Like

done again I wonder if they’ll get the points we are making over and over and over ???

Our points don’t put $$ in their pockets unfortunately…

1 Like

signed already !

1 Like

“Call the White House at 202-456-1111”

Oh, well, this is going to be a lot of fun!! :imp:

1 Like

emails sent. We SHALL be heard!

1 Like

Local Juice provider in Michigan is taking this seriously. They add a free 30 ml bottle of juice on your next order if you write a letter. Nice to see the interest at all levels. Was vaping their juice when I read it.

2 Likes

DarthVapor must still be on the phone with Barry H.O. hehehe

1 Like

Found this on Reddit. Didn’t know you could track these things. Pretty cool.

Even has a javascript widget tracker.

3 Likes