CBD mixing DIY

Has anyone begun to DIY with CBD instead of nicotine / salts? I’d like to know where to begin. I’ve been mixing for some years now with base nic and recently for the past couple of months with salts. I picked up a bottle of KOI ejuice to try this new cbd craze and honestly really enjoy not having the voices scream in my head as loud (:rofl: jk) but I cant justify spending 40$ for a little 250mg 30ml bottle every time I want a cbd vape. Any tips, guides and suggestions would be highly appreciated I really want to do it myself if someone can point me in the right direction! Ty!

1 Like

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/search?q=CBD
This might give you a head start in your CBD DIY adventure

As far as I know, CBD is much more effective when taken orally than being vaped… so from a cost POV, it doesn’t make sense vaping it.

1 Like

If you want to add cbd to your juice from what I’ve read this type of isolate is the best option concerning cost and control. CBDISTILLERY CBDelicious powder form for example.

1 Like

Since May I’ve been making my own CBD vape juice and E-juice as well. I love it! The first 30ml batch I made was 1g, with a 60/40 PG/VG, plus some Strawberry flavouring, I ended up with 33mg/ml. My vape holds a 3ml pod and the entire bottle has lasted almost 5 months. Start up cost was $100 (all supplies) and 3 grams of isolate (just in case I screwed up the first batch). Stuff is great for migraines, pain, anxiety and stress.

I strongly recommend trying a DIY, the cost savings is ridiculous!

1 Like

but… is this the same as what’s been collapsing those lungs?

Asking for a friend. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The powder isolate has no oils and dissolves well in pg. Some just sprinkle a bit on their rda coils, pulse a few times and good to go.

3 Likes

Thanks @Letitia… had no idea… where is the oil coming in from, or is that just the thc ones?

1 Like

You can blend CBD isolate into pretty much anything, making your own sublingual drops, vape juice, cook with it, lotions, etc.

The whole collapsing lungs thing, I can’t speak to, I don’t use PEG400 in my mixes (due to the potential risk), PG and VG are found in most things we ingest at various quantities. In my mind, because I’ve sourced the ingredients I feel better about using it vs buying something that I can’t confirm ingredients in. I buy my supplies from the same shop, and I buy my CBD isolate from places that have recent (last 6 months) lab results posted so I can confirm the quality.

In all I guess it’s like everything in life, there’s risk, the benefits I get from my CBD vape out weigh those risks for me.

2 Likes

What potential risks are associated with peg400? I use in my base occasionally, just as safe as pg.

3 Likes

From what I’ve read the tainted cartridges contain vitamin e oil.

3 Likes

When I was researching what to use to make my juice, I read a few articles that said lungs have a hard time handling the ethylene part of polyethylene glycol. In the end I figured the PG which is found in so many things we ingest and the VG sounded better.

In relation to all these articles, like the Vitamin e, I also read an article that said some people added Fentanyl or got their product from a street corner or unregistered source. I’m in Canada and no one I know up here is concerned, most of us are viewing it under a lense of “this happened when big tobacco started too, and look how that’s played out”. Lol

2 Likes

On my own, I never made CBD but used it to get rid of nicotine addiction. I was very addicted to this shit and I couldn’t get myself to quit smoking. I even turned to a psychologist, but the desire to try nicotine was much stronger. In the end, I realized that this could not continue and began to look for methods to combat this shit. I talked with different people on the forums and they advised me to use vape with cbd. It seemed to me like a good idea and I found an online vape shop and bought a CBD Vape Pen Starter kit there. It really helped me a lot, and I stopped using cigarettes with pleasure and switched to vape with the cbd and over time I stopped using vape, because I did not want to be dependent on what.

1 Like

Hopefully no one else clicks on the above spam link before it gets deleted… But there’s also a pretty serious potential threat within.

1 Like