Cereal Killa Clone taste like dirty socks

Hello, I have been making a cereal killa clone for months now and it’s always amazing. I usually vape it within a week so I never let it steep because it’s so good. Well I made a bigger batch last week and it was perfect as usual and I have been vaping it on and off since then and all of the sudden last night it started to develop a nasty taste, If tasted like I would imagine dirty gym socks would taste. I’ve tried to drip it and vape it in a tank and still taste horrible. Has anyone every had this happen to any flavor before? I don’t understand what could have happened.

I make and vape a ton of flavors and I rotate flavors throughout the day so I don’t get tired of a flavor or get vape tongue and every other flavor I have taste fine, it’s just this one!

Can you post the recipe or a link to the recipe? I’ve had a juice turn metallic/corn chip tasting after a few weeks that I think was likely too much acetyl pyrazine. It vaped great for a couple weeks but then turned.

Sure thing, I probably should have done that.

FE Lemon 3%
FA Meringue 2%
FW Hazelnut 2%
FW Yellow Cake 2%
FA Bergomont 1%
FA Orange 1%
Cap Tang 1%
Cap Lemon Meringue Pie 1%
TPA Sweetner 1%

Always taste amazing, so sad right now!

At first glance and after reading the notes on the flavors I’m not familiar with, I’m thinking it might be the Meringue. HiC noted that newer batches can taste kind of sulfurous. It’s possible that the longer steep really brought that out. FW Yellow Cake may also have some of that egg-yolk flavor as well. Others have noted it has a maltiness or bitterness to it. Bergamot and orange can also get bitter.

It’s likely just a combination of the flavors and time that give it that off taste. As for assistance…I think all I can offer is to say mix it in small batches and vape it quickly. Or try making a few batches with a flavor left out and let it sit before you try it…see if you can narrow down the culprit and maybe you can make a substitution.

Also, you might leave it for a week or more and see if it improves. I’ve had liquids that were really good as shake and vapes, got weird for a couple weeks, and then were good again. Not often, but it has happened.

Good luck and I’m sorry it turned sour on you! I wish I could offer more in the way of a fix. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Thanks for the response, I appreciate it. I think you are on to something and I have a feeling its the Bergamot and I guess the meringue if that’s true about the sulfurous taste because that is definitely part of the nasty flavor I am tasting. I will let it sit a week and come back to it and see if it changes again, it’s just so weird how it got funky from one day to the next. I plan on lowering the bergamot or maybe finding a sub for it and maybe use another meringue if this one doesn’t get any better.

1 Like

I’m actually going to make a small batch right now and taste test them. I’ll post back in a little bit.

Okay, so I just mixed up a small batch and it tastes perfect! so I will wait a week and see what happens to the other batch and then try to remove flavors one by one to find the culprit if it doesn’t get any better.

Meringue should be fine, I use it a lot. I suffered similar recently though with certain mixes, I narrowed it down to sweet cream. It was as if it was churning into cheese over time, and muting any fruit flavours. I no longer use it. So far I’ve had good experience with FA Meringue though, but maybe try leave it out of your next mix. might be a dodgy bottle?

That’s good to hear about the meringue, I have been using the same bottle for months without issue. It’s just so weird, the only thing that I did different is I made a 30 ml batch instead of a 15 ml batch and I let it steep for a week. Maybe something happened with the increase of flavors from 15 ml to 30 ml. Maybe I should check my calculator and the drops to ml ratio.

So long as you stuck to the same percentages, it shouldn’t matter what size the mix was. It is easy muck up when counting drops though. I’d much rather use syringes, or a scales and measure % in ml or mg

Yeah, I used the same percentages but I did use drops so it is entirely possible that I did have an extra drop or so in there but and maybe that could be an issue but I always use drops for every flavor I make and never had an issue before. It is gonna drive me crazy until I can figure it out, lol. I Love this flavor!!!

Just keep in mind that some mixes can taste great then awful then after a really long steep end up being fantastic. Don’t give up on the large batch. It may just take a while for it to fully mature. This could all just be steps in the process.

You might have a sinus infection. I am a pollen tormented person. I have had liquid completely change flavor on me because of seasonal allergies.

the bergamot is just a weird taste. just feels wrong being in there altogether

I’ve been told my Cereal Port tastes like Cereal Killa :slight_smile:

Cereal Port

Ingredient %
Apple Pie (FA) 0.5
Bergamot (FA) 0.7
Cookie (Biscotto) (FA) 0.5
Cream Fresh (FA) 0.5
Hazel Grove (Hazelnut) (FA) 0.6
Lemon Sicily (FA) 1.5
Lime Tahity (Cold Pressed) (FA) 0.2
Mandarin (FA) 0.5
Meringue (FA) 1.8
Orange (FA) 0.3
Orange Cream (TPA) 0.7

Flavor total: 7.8%

Remember to rate it at e-liquid-recipes.com!
2 Likes

I am do have some sinus issues due to the pollen but this is the only flavor that has the funky taste.

Yes I agree with you, I am gonna make a cereal killa hybrid without it and see what happens. I have an idea for a new recipe.

I will definitely have to try this recipe out, I will need to order some of the flavors though. In the mean time I did make another 30 ml bottle last night and I used ml instead of drops to see what happens. I also had an idea for another version of this but more fruity pebbles and milk (hopefully)

FE Lemon 3%
FA Meringue 3%
TFA Dairy Milk 3%
TFA Berry Crunch 2%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
FA Orange 1.5%
CAP Tang 1.5%
CAP Lemon Meringue Pie 1%
TFA Sweetener 1%