Change the Website

Now that I have your attention, I was wondering about how we can make the site more rookie and or user friendly. Many people who come here just see a massive recipe book online.
What about if we set it up so we can see the recipes that take only 2 flavours or 3 flavours. We could set it up so a top note or main ingredient you want is inputted and the recipes that hold that flavour with either 2 or 3 or more flavours added.
Another example could be Strawberry Cheese Cake as the entry. Then you can find our the recipes that have more and more complex mixes for that name.
This industry does suffer from poor labelling. Going into a Vape store and seeing “Transmission” in a bottle tells me nothing. Same in a recipe name.
I don’t want to see people get put off because of trying too complex of a mix for a starter. We can help by breaking down the difficulty by showing recipes that only take 2 or 3 ingredients for the starters.
As always, just an opinion.

4 Likes

If you click the circled i right in the recipe name box, you could see what’s in a recipe without having to open it. May not be what you’re looking for, but work wonder for me with the problem you mentioned.

6 Likes

You can use the “search by flavor stash” choose the top note your after from you stash, then use the method described above by @delltrapp and your all set.

3 Likes

Well, it is already an option - it just isn’t widely known but since you asked here is how to do that.

10 Likes

Thank you, I’m not going crazy. Well, not much and we will leave that for another day. This site is great however like all websites, it requires a lot of reading. People don’t realize just how complex this chemical mixture can be. Like making great wine, you don’t just start making great wine, you progress. That was my idea of the 1 2 3 ingredient availability.
Thanks again for the response, glad to hear it might be possible for all in the future.
Peace out.

3 Likes

https://e-liquid-recipes.com/guide#Searching_by_flavor_stash
:metal::grin:

2 Likes

Honestly find forum better in finding ideas myself. In a way is a bit more up to date, more active mixers that might stand behind their actions, post follow ups and/or answer any questions. The search engine works great at finding threads for different interests. For example, for single flavors: Single Flavor Recipe 2: search-fu fails me atm :laughing: 3: How about a threesome ; ) Gl to u!

4 Likes

Yes, this does work for what you have. It won’t help for the things you might need just 1 more for.
If I wanted to make say Vanilla Ice Cream. It would be nice to be able to find the recipes for it with 1,2,3,4 or more flavours. New mixers could try the simple ones to get the taste and then move up to the more delicious ones starting with an ice cream stone as an example.
There are multiple ways to find things here. I just find you spend more time reading than mixing. Just looking for an easier, faster way for people to progress along
Peace out and thanks for the advise. Some people don’t even know that one.

5 Likes

“The search results are not limited to the flavors you have in your stash.”

I’m not sure I follow.

I did a quick check with this function and chose just one flavor from my stash, Vanilla Ice Cream RFSC. The results gave me 25 recipes to choose from. I hit the ratings icon and the top recipe from the results had my 1 ingredient and 9 ingredients that aren’t in my stash.

3 Likes

You can “allow missing flavors” form 1 to 4 too

5 Likes

If you want to get good at it, this is the way to do it. An informed mixer will have more quality mixing time and make fewer tossers(wasted time and $). There are beginner guides, easy 2 and 3 ingredient recipe threads on the forum, tons of single flavor advice, etc. 80% reading 20% mixing is about right, imo.

The problem I see is that 90% of the mixers on the main site never make it to the forum.

6 Likes

Forgive those who disagree.
But I still lack the option / possibility of having a base with only two essences (or three) that match and even if it has a defined and tested% percentage.
So I can go on improving / adding flavors myself …
I miss: This is so basic and intuitive that it misses.
Even having a better research and more elaborate / complete research.

It would be so helpful to anyone who, like me, starts. After all we started with a few essences …
It was a great proposal.

5 Likes

Thank you all for the input. I’ll keep on mixing and learning.

2 Likes

You describe a recipe (base with one or two flavors and defined percentages). Enter it as such, then under the edit button is a choice to adapt the recipie. Adapt makes a clone that you can then change however you wish. Add flavor, delete flavor, adjust the percentages, etc. .

2 Likes

I totally understand what new people are going through because it’s something that I’ve been t through myself a couple years ago when I joined.
Everybody has their own way of looking at things, their own procedures and so on. I do agree the site could be a little more user friendly, but the regulars here know that a new database with new functionality is expected. Perhaps even this year…
That being said @Bruce8 , this site is a tool and tools usually come with “instructions”. Here on the forum there are a lot of guidelines, pinned posts etc. There’s a whole section dedicated to beginners to get them up to speed. We (the regular users) are always trying to encourage people to read through them and to ask questions if something isn’t clear.

5 Likes

Hello there :slight_smile:

I’ve got an idea how to improve overall look of recipe creator. It’s just my quick project in photoshop, so no fireworks, just idea. I thought it makes better use of space, where most of it is empty already. Also, it includes a little of satisfaction watching neatly animated proportion bar, which reacts in real time for changing values. In current setup proportion bar remains invisible and you need to scroll down to check it. One more thing to consider would be adding ‘total amount’ entry, in summary, where we have strength, PG/VG ratio and so on.

2 Likes

I’d love to see a CBD recipe creator, while I can and do modify the existing recipe creator, I’d love to be able to play with promotions more and have a choice between Nic and CBD. My daughter and I brew, Nic based juice, CBD vape and just flavoured juice, it’s be amazing to have one recipe/calculator that let it be fully customized with those options. Just a thought!

2 Likes