Changing flavours ....Attie routine?

Was interested to here what routine (if any :grinning:) you guys & gals have when changing flavour in your Attie.

New user due to change to a new flavour soon hence the question.

Thanks

I normaly strip everything out, clean, rebuild if thats what you want, or if keeping the same coil/coils, clean as before, dry thoroughly. Fire your coil/coils to burn off any residue then rewick and away you go​:kissing_smiling_eyes::dash::dash::dash::dash:
Never dry burn titanium!

1 Like

I’m lazy so I just fill up my tank. :grinning: Unless I’ve used a flavour that lingers like Cinnamon Red Hot or something like mint (which I don’t use btw, but if you do, clean everything). Usually I can taste the previous flavour the first couple of puffs and then it is gone.

3 Likes

If my flavor change is a drastic one, say going from a strawberry limeade to something like a pumpkin pie spice, I strip (sexy strip club music plays in the background) and rewick after cleaning everything. If I am going from a flavor to another flavor that sounds like they would go good together I just fill my tank and vape on. Pumkin pie to a captain crunch cereal for example would be just a simple refill. But this depends on how long I have been running on the same wick, and or how good the flavor is on the wick. You being new, you will eventually figure this out for yourself what you prefer. I would suggest for now you rewick and clean everything to get yourself some experience wicking.

5 Likes

This is where I say hemp has an advantage. Since switching to hemp I have yet to find a flavor that it holds on to.

typically I just endure 10 or so funky hits and the flavor switch is complete. I hate building RTAs so much I think I’d rather try a new one than recoil. . rewick…maybe.

2 Likes

I’m with the lazy crowd. One other factor that the other folks might have missed, is the importance of the new mix. If it’s a flavor that I have high hopes for, everything, (depending of the condition of the RDA coil–have changed the coil before), gets cleaned and rewicked. If I not expecting much from the mix/standalone single, I will exhaust as much old juice from the RDA until I detect dryness/change of taste, then refill with a 3-4 drops of new flavor using the old wick. If the taste passes that test, I generally will fill the RDA all the way and enjoy if I like the flavor.

I use CelluCotton rayon and it seems not to hold the old flavor in 99% of the time

2 Likes

I’m an ADD vaper. If I get through 10 ml of any single flavor at a time, it’s rare. Really rare. I just hit it till it dries, then pour in the new stuff. Changing out the wick would be exhausting not to mention severely store depleting. Then only time I find I have to change out the wick is if there is Cinnamon flavoring. I found that I do not care for it as it always leaves a metallic taste in my mouth. Shame as I really like cinnamon in the non-vape world.

2 Likes

I disassemble the tank, clean everything completely, rewick the coil with new cotton and reassemble. If I’m busy and the flavors are close in flavor and compatible, I just fill with the new flavor. I make a Skittles-like flavor that blends well with a cherry flavor I like a lot, and if I’m switching between them I may not clean and rewick. But otherwise, clean tank and fresh cotton for a flavor change.

3 Likes

I usually have three or four tanks going on at the same time so I’m lazy to I just pick up another mod… wicked lazy…

1 Like

I see what you did there… :wink: I seriously read that as wick’d instead of wick-ed.

I’m wicked lazy, too. I re-wick if the wick is clearly gunked up, my flavor/vapor production is off, or I’m about start a testing session. Otherwise I just pick something somewhat similar to whatever I had in the tank before…so I’ll go with something like strawberry tea to strawberry cheesecake to PB Banana cookie to salted caramel to RY4. I rarely put the same liquid in my tank twice in a row. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Usually I rebuild between flavors and wash my tank in the USC, but sometimes I take shortcuts, like just rewicking, or skipping it all and just refilling! I once refilled an empty tank that had been running peppermint with a peach/strawberry, and it took the whole tank for the mint to go away. It was an odd mix, but not bad. :yum:

1 Like

Can you share this recipe? I have a friend I mix for because he is pretty broke all the time. He asked me for a Skittles juice. But I have no idea how to make one.

2 Likes

OOhh skittles recipe…care 2 share :smile: Link ???

1 Like

I was looking at some Skittles recipes on here. Most use the FW Skittles flavoring. I didn’t know there was such a thing lol.

2 Likes

What about Clapton coils? Do they clean just as easy? Rinse , dry fire, rinse? Or does gunk get stuck under the wrapping wire?

Yup. That’s what I use, at around 12%. Super simple.

Dry fire. If you have a USC you can also remove them and give them a good bath.

2 Likes