Changing PG ratios

when changing the pg percentage in a recipe is it recommended you also change the percentages of the flavors ??? if so what is the standard rule

1 Like

I always go max VG, problem solved.

2 Likes

ok so if a recipe is 70 vg 30 pg and you want to make that recipe but you wanna go max vg and flave percentage is 15 do you have to change flavor percentages to achieve the same taste as the original

1 Like

i was reading on lediypournuls about this but couldnt understand because the translation was off

1 Like

Interesting I didn’t think you needed to

3 Likes

ill try to find it

1 Like

I never have. I can make a 5% flavor and the only PG is in the flavoring so I have 95% VG and it tastes great.

3 Likes

i understand that , let me find the link maybe im not asking right

1 Like

There is a translation button on the bottom of the page.

1 Like

Oh I see, the flavour would go up and adjust automatically because your using less PG so the recipe requires more PG from the flavour?

3 Likes

You’re flavor percentage will always be the same. The actual difference in taste would be so slight if any at all that you need not worry. The only thing to consider is that higher VG blends will require more steep than higher PG blends. This should be your only concern…

7 Likes

ok ty for the response

2 Likes

i believe that is what they were getting at but even when using the translation button the translation sucks sometimes because theybdont use words the same so it could ve confusing

2 Likes

http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lediypourlesnuls.com%2Ftrucs-et-astuces%2Fcalculateur-darome%2F&h=RAQERNUk2

Here is what i was referring to

1 Like

I mix Max Vg always and even thou some recipes swear by their original blend my batch come out just fine w/o messing w/ any additional %s in the recipe. I agree w/ @ringling you’ll want to steep it longer for all the flavors to meld.

4 Likes

I mix max vg too, but I do use pg nic. I never worry about my ratios, I know that with a good steep I get all the flavor I need.

I was thinking nicotine level does need a flavor adjustment, I’m thinking for each 3mg nic below the original recipe I need to reduce the total flavor by 0.5%

1 Like

I kinda get the logic here but it only makes sense if tasting the nicotine is important to the user. If this is not the goal then I have to admit that it would not make sense to me…

It’s actually (i think) the other way around, It’s about not tasting the nic. My intelligence showed my local vape shop uses an adjustment at higher nic levels to hide the nic taste. and I think most of the SF recommendations are based on 0 or 3 nic. I’m always in search of the highest flavor level without going so high it has a weird impact on my palate, and I like higher nic levels. So for me I usually push the flavor a bit then if it has a bad taste I can more easily dilute it downward a bit.

1 Like

I mix at max VG (the only PG in my mixes are from flavorings & nic) & often find myself increasing the percentages slightly when making a recipe that was listed as containing additional PG.

I think whether or not to increase also depends on HOW you are vaping. I’m at 60 watts (usually) with a .25 coil. I believe if I was vaping more PG, at 25-30 watts & closer to 1 ohm I would not require as much flavor. Just my $.02. YMMV.

2 Likes