Charging New Batteries

When you get new batteries and there is very little charge on them do you immediately charge until full or use them until they die then charge thank you

3 Likes

As soon as I get mine I put them in the charger.

6 Likes

I don’t do it “as soon as”, but I do charge them before I use them.

1 Like

Charge them straight away even if the are at 80 percent or better if going to use. Storing at 3.8v is fairly normal what kind of charger are you using?

1 Like

intellicharger i4

the Intelli Chargers are Nice I have an I2 and a D4 both perform nicely and work well with a car adapter

1 Like

its old but works lol

For what it is worth the way I do my batteries for vaping is. I have 2 married sets for each of my 2 or 3 battery mods. I use them for 1 year in the mods. I then retire them for use in flashlights were they are not under hard current demands. I order new batteries when my current vaping batteries are at 11 months of use. I charge the new ones as soon as I get them and mark them accordingly as to what mods they will be used in. I use the ones for the flashlights for yet another year and then fully discharge them and discard them.

By rotating them like this I have never had a battery issue of any kind. I never store 18650’s for more than 30 days before putting them in service.

6 Likes

That explains what is happening to one set of batteries I have. They are old :slight_smile:

1 Like