Chefs Flavours Rebranding

https://www.pure-flavours.com/

2 Likes

Chefs have previously said that the Rebranded range are sourced from several different producers, some of which arenā€™t available as retail products.

1 Like

I have been thinking that it is a mix from different sources, and could even be as you say.

As far as i have been able to read, then some that previously has been in ā€œThe Rebranded Rangeā€ has gotten their own category such as ā€œChefs Choiceā€. But since i havent been using Chefs that long i dont know if they renamed the whole Rebranded Range to Chefs Choice and then gave that name to another producer. But the thought of it being concentrates from several producers did cross my mind.

As far as Iā€™m aware, the Chefs Choice concentrates have always only ever been listed in their own category on the website rather than under the Rebranded range.

Very occasionally, bottles will get sent out with the correct information over-printed on the wrong label ā€˜blanksā€™, usually because theyā€™ve run out of stock of the correct ones.

1 Like

Not sure about that, it is just what i got from the info in the comments. But from what i have been able to read then the Devon Cream used to be in the Rebranded Range, then it appeared in Chefs Choice which was rebottled and last i checked was only in Chefs choice.

Just tried to check again now, but Chefs page seem to be down for me at the moment.

Their lemon is really good. Lots of zing, and it cuts through a mix. Doesnā€™t seem to fade either.

4 Likes

just noticed that CF also did something else, they increased pricing on many of the flavor brands, INW, FA, CAP ā€¦ maybe others? these are the ones i have in my records from prior purchases so i could compare. thereā€™s 12% to 20% price increase.
makes me unhappy :frowning: then maybe they have a good reason behind that. well, life goes on!

1 Like

No idea how far back youā€™re looking but Chefsā€™ price for Inawera 10ml bottles is the same today as when I first bought Shisha Strawberry in March 16 and FlavourArt 10mls are the same as they were at least as far back as September 15.

Admittedly the price of Capella 10ml concentrates have changed over the last two years - theyā€™re now 50p cheaper!

1 Like

Iā€™m not actively tracking it but going on my entries in my mixing software iā€™m not seeing any increase over the last year either.

@BathVaper, @Duchesst

iā€™m not going back so far - orders from June and October this year.

some examples - all in BP and before any discountsā€¦
CAP 30ml (example: VBIC, Sweet Watermelon, etc), was 3.75, now 4.50
FLV10ml (boysenberry), was 2.74. now 3.29
INW 30ml (Shisha Vanilla), was 5.41, now 6.49
FA 10ml was 2.67, now 3.20 (thatā€™s a 20% up)
Jungle Flav 30ml was 4.16, now 4.99

thatā€™s only a sample list.

:frowning:

1 Like

All of those earlier prices (apart from Flavorah) are without UK sales tax, while the website by law has to show the price including the tax.

Prices across the Flavorah range have increased recently at the insistence of Flavorah, who have made it a contractual condition that Chefs must sell at their ā€˜minimum sales priceā€™ - an anti-competitive measure thatā€™s actually illegal across Europe.

1 Like

are you saying they started showing the prices including sales taxes nowā€¦ ?

i donā€™t think thatā€™s the case here my friend. the prices i shared above are the prices i paid for these items based on the invoices and my records, inclusive of VAT ā€¦ i would be happy if thereā€™s no price increase.

1 Like

Hmm if those are the only ones affected it is quite clear why I havenā€™t noticed it. I only order cap,flv and inw on rare occasions and if I did it where 100 ml bottles. FA i order else where but now after learning about the rebranding I might order those in the future

1 Like

Youā€™ve actually answered your own question:

UK retail websites must show the price that UK (actually, EU) customers will be charged (including the 20% vat) - you are not a UK customer so your invoices will show that youā€™ve not been charged the sales tax.

(Some UK websites are capable of displaying the pre-vat prices for non-EU website visitors that are logged-in but I donā€™t believe thatā€™s ever been the case with Chefsā€™ website.)

i appreciate the conviction :slight_smile: let me contact CF direct and investigate and circle back with what i find out.
you got me curious about this, and itā€™s still couple of weeks to my next order. as i mentioned, i would be happy if the prices are the same.
FWIW, i always pay UK VAT when i buy things from UK, both online and physically when i visit.
cheers

VAT isnā€™t chargeable on exports (to countries outside the EU) but Iā€™m sure our Treasury appreciates your contributionā€¦ :laughing:

1. https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/individuals/travelling/travellers-leaving-eu/guide-vat-refund-visitors-eu_en

2. The UK governmentā€™s instructions to VAT-registered traders:

(screencap from https://www.gov.uk/guidance/vat-exports-dispatches-and-supplying-goods-abroad)

1 Like

Yeah, rightā€¦ as if they need it :slight_smile:

curious to know though, for those who are UK-based, which price do you pay when you buy online from CF - letā€™s take the CAP VBIC 30ml as an example, do you buy it for BP3.75 or BP4.50 or something else

BTW, emailed CF, they confirmed no price increase - they mentioned it may have been due to a (issue with) tax calculation - so my guess is it was a glitch on the website that lasted for couple of days. i double-checked now and i see the old prices i used to pay before are backā€¦ funny, but thatā€™s what it was. false fire alarm - me happy again

1 Like

Ā£4.50 for 30ml is what weā€™d pay in the UK

1 Like

thanks @Lolly for confirming. appreciated

1 Like

Just bumping the rebranded list so it is easier to keep track and will update main post as well.

Chefs Flavours Rebranding List:
Chefs Choice = Cupcake World
Flavor Creative = Flavour Art
Laurenā€™s = Lor-Anns
Xpress Flavour = ecigExpress

Lets try to keep them in alphabetic order by the rebranded name.

2 Likes