Chef's Flavours Tasting Notes

The Chefs Flavours are $5.95 here for a 30ml. And the OSDIY is also $4 here for a 30ml. How much do you pay for a 30ml of Chefs Flavours?

The OSDIY mixes are talked about often. The only one I have tried is the Lucky Shot and this was my notes.

Lucky Shot DIY

Percentage Used: 15%

Equipment Used: Troll RDA with a wickless single SS .8 ohm Clapton wrapped parallel with 26g SS at 19W and a Cleito .4 ohm Kanthal Clapton coil at 35W.

PG/VG: 30/70

Steep Time: 1-2 Months

Aroma: Graham, vanilla, cream, caramel.

Flavor Description: Tested 15% with a 1 month steep. I donā€™t remember why, but I didnā€™t like it at all, so I put it back in the steep drawer. At 2 months, itā€™s very good, but way too rich for an ADV for my tastes. Graham cracker crust is very very dominant at this higher percentage, too much so, with a rich french vanilla cream drizzled with caramel? Itā€™s a nice moderately sweet blend, but the graham is very, very front and center. I am probably going to boost the cream in this. Wonderful thick buttery mouth feel. I like this a lot with the longer steep, and I think itā€™s really needed due to the complexity of this flavor. I can already see this doing fantastic things in blends in the 1.5-5% range. Going to dilute the rest of this tester down to roughly equivalent to 10% and see what happens with it :slight_smile: Itā€™s basically a rich french vanilla mousse pie with graham cracker crust and a touch of caramel.

Off Flavors: None really, but needs a long steep for the graham cracker to settle down.

Throat Hit: 2/10

Pairings: Really good stand alone flavor. Berries and fleshy fruits. Bakeries, cookies, cakes, creams, custards, nuts, tobaccos, apple pie, cinnamon rolls/cinnamon maybe?

Notes: I think 10% is plenty for a SF, and I will probably use 1.5-5% in blends.

I have heard a lot of recommendations for most of their flavors, most notably the Lucky Shot and Blue Slush seem to be the top 2. But most say they are all good. Iā€™m sorry, I wish I could help more.

6 Likes

Just thought Iā€™d pop my notes on for

##Nice Custard Cream

Warning: my notes are crap :laughing:

Mixed at 20% and steeped for one month. Tested on baby beast with Q4 coil @30W.

This vapes exactly like its namesake. There is the biscuit and sugar sprinkled topping of a Nice biscuit on the inhale, then Iā€™m hit with vanilla custard frosting like the inside of a Custard Cream biscuit, followed by the coconut hint from a Nice biscuit on the exhale.

For me this is INCREDIBLY sweet - tons of sweetener maybe - thinking CAP super-sweet?

If Iā€™m craving sugar I would reach for this one shot. Not an ADV for me - and no way I personally could mix this at the recommended 30%

6 Likes

Sounds like we both got about the same thing. I still need to mix this again at a much lower percentage. Itā€™s good, but their recommended percentage is way too high.

3 Likes

Totally agree :+1:

In a way itā€™s reassured me that my tastebuds are more sensitive than Iā€™d given them credit for :laughing::smiley:

2 Likes

Iā€™m late to the party here!! Lol! Iā€™ve been wanting to try chefs Mexican fried ice cream because a buddy of mine keeps raving about it!

As far as OSDIY flavors go these are the flavors that I have bought more than once.

Blue Raspberry slushy, lemonade, sweet tea, arnold palmer, rootbeer Float, and strawberry milk. These were all very good! The sweet tea is still one of the best lipton tea flavors that I have tried to date.

3 Likes

I came really close to ordering this because of the hype itā€™s gettingā€¦Iā€™m just worried itā€™s gonna be toooooo sweet for me like the Nice Custard was.

3 Likes

The Nice Custard came out pretty good when I lowered it to 12% instead of their ridiculous percentages. Did you try it lower?

3 Likes

Yeah, some companies require rebranding. Loarnns is sold as Laurens in the UK.

Ive always wanted to try some of these but flavor usage %s kept me away.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s good to hear as itā€™s a nice (:laughing::laughing:) flavour! I havenā€™t yet - but will mix some up next session :smiley::+1:

3 Likes

Yeah i tried Nice but wasnt too impressed, not strong enough for me, same with the Welsh custard, mexican fried ice cream sounds interesting though :blush:ā€¦

5 Likes

I think theyā€™re selling some of their concentrates in 10ml now which makes it more tempting :thinking:

3 Likes

Can you remember what % you mixed Nice at? 20% nearly rotted my teeth :laughing::laughing:

3 Likes

Wowā€¦did you let them steep? Way too strong for me at recommended percentages. But, we have different taste buds from different countries too :wink:

3 Likes

Think I did 15ā€¦I do have an exceptionally sweet tooth though lol

5 Likes

Yeah I gave it a month as per with custards, i still did in 100ml it wasnt terrible, but ive made way better custards i think, i like really strong flavoursā€¦i think maybe spending a couple of decades over indulging on the old ā€˜Jazz cabbageā€™ killed my taste buds :pensive:

3 Likes

I ordered the Mexican fried ice cream and should be here Saturday! Iā€™ll report back :wink:

2 Likes

thats cool thnx @grubby

3 Likes

Yes, please doā€¦sounds good.

1 Like

Ok so I got Mexican fried ice cream on Friday from OSDIY! Itā€™s kind of funny bc the other day I mixed up someoneā€™s recipe for a fried ice cream. I had it in my steep box and decided to compare the 2. Itā€™s not 100% the same but definetly close enough that I probably wouldnā€™t buy chefs again. Hereā€™s the recipe.

Iā€™m thinking of dropping the churro to 2% and then adding 1 drop of cap graham cracker per 10ml. Iā€™m also going to split the vbic cap in half and add French Vanilla to the other 2.5%.

This is definetly close as is. Hope u guys enjoy it as much as I have!

8 Likes

Iā€™ve tried a few of the Chefs flavour concentrates, but must confess to being a custard junkie.

Best custard flavour in order: Welsh Custard,
Captains custard, Nice(slight custard/biscuit) then
Finally Virtual custard.

Best custards Iā€™ve tried in the last 6 months:

1. Dripping Custard (shop Made) (vape royale, UK)
  2. Welsh Custard (one shot/pre mixed concentrate)
    (Chefs Flavours, UK)
    3 Custard Cream ( The Yorkshire Vaper, TYV) (Good custard, with a hint of biscuit, lolā€¦ Just like the biscuit - Custard Cream, but with a nice custard dominating)

With the Chefs Flavours and TYV Custard
Cream:
I mix with max vg and crock pot steeped for 4 hours, vigorously shake every 30 min, then after the 4hrs, remove the lid and placed in a dark area for 48 hrs.

For all those that want to know about steepingā€¦ Thereā€™s a great guide on this very site, just use the search function.

PS. Many thanks for the Ice Cream Recipe, Juice Junkie

5 Likes