Chef's Flavours Tasting Notes

hi all, I have been moving over to premixed from chefs vapours for a while now,
its saves my unused concentrates going out of date.
I am a big fan.
not seen lloydo nut mentioned here cant understand why? its cheaper than others.
its a fabulous peanut butter flavour and my go to adv.
just as an extra point this flavour would be great imo as a base for a pb jam? maybe blueberry or one of the less false strawberrys.
don’t mix too much at once tho, the peanut drops out fairly quick.
another great one is queen of puddings.
blackberry and cream with a hint of sweet pastry I think, don’t go over recommended % tho or it gets tart. x

2 Likes

I’ve had Queen of puddings in my cart for 2 weeks now, what % do you find worked for you?

Waiting on Mango (Flavorah) before submitting the order, need it for @Alisa

Looks right up my street.

4 Likes

Hi. I found 20% just right. I tried 22% but the fruit eliment came over too powerful for me. Thanks for that mix link, looks nice. Cheers.

3 Likes

I love Freckles - it’s always in my rotation :+1:

4 Likes

Anyone tried their Tart au Citron? With a bit of tweaking it makes an excellent Lemon meringue, very similar to Mr Meringue by Charlies chalk dust.

2 Likes

Anyone can describe Cereal Milk from Chefsflavours?

1 Like

Can you post a link? - Can’t find a cereal milk using their search bar :+1:

3 Likes

https://www.chefsflavours.co.uk/chef-s-choice/3639-cereal-milk.html

3 Likes

What chef’s search not working - that is unheard of :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Ooh, it’s a CCW one…must have missed that! Sorry I can’t help, but sounds yum and I may need to get some!

2 Likes

Made a mix now with 15%! Will report after some steep.

2 Likes

I just opened a 30 ml bottle of Welsh Custard and there was at least 40 mls in there!

2 Likes

What do you think of it? I tried it a couple years ago and haven’t had it since? I vaguely think it was super rich and eggy, a bit too heavy for me. I still have it, I think my intention was to use it and water it down a bit with some lighter custard or cream or use in very small amounts to add body to a mix?

I’d love to here your thoughts, I might have to mix up another tester :slight_smile:

4 Likes

LOL…I just started and reread the entire thread instead of just your comment. So I see where I answered my own question quite a while ago.

Sorry :crazy_face:

3 Likes

MysticRose!!! So happy to see you again :smiley: I almost PMd you but didn’t want to bother you. I just mixed it today and didn’t test it yet, although I did a finger taste because it smelled so good and it also tasted yummy. I hope it vapes that well. I have vaped the Nice Custard Cream and really enjoyed it and suspect I’ll like the Welsh too. Maybe I’ll do a “sneak peek” and let you know soon. I know that these custards just get better and better with age. I’m vaping some 3 month old Nice right now that I added caramel and butterscotch to. They hold up nicely.

I also tried Spotted Dick but wasn’t as impressed. It was the currants that threw me off, I think. Just wasn’t for me. But maybe I’ll revisit with a smaller percentage and give it another go.

4 Likes

No apology needed. Happy that you saw my post. :wink:

2 Likes

That sounds yummy, I like the Nice custard, and the Welsh. Just at lower than their recommended percentages. I bet the Nice and the Welsh would be really good mixed with some Lucky Shot if it was good with the caramel and butterscotch :drooling_face:

5 Likes

What she said @MysticRose !!

2 Likes

Never tried Lucky Shot but now I want to.

3 Likes

Hi Lisa. It’s only been steeping for 5 days but I mixed the Welsh at it’s recommended 20%. Yes, I can see lowering this and still getting a lot out of it. At first sniff I thought it might be similar to CAP V1 but I was wrong. I’m enjoying it and sense that a fruit would taste nice. It works as a standalone though. I find it rich but not the heaviness from CAP. I need to run off to work but I’ll check in again on this. I’ll definitely use it for many things. I just want to see what it’s like after a proper steep. Have a great afternoon :smiley:

4 Likes