Chefs obscure flavours

Yeah thanks.
That was my take on it too.

Think I’ll give it a miss.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Straight from Flavour World UK under the Cup Cake World flavours…

When vaping any brand of flavouring oil based flavours must be avoided, within our range of flavours shown above the following flavours contain oil:

Flavours containing oil are:

Lemon Sherbet

https://www.flavour-world.co.uk/candy

4 Likes

That’s the sentence that covers them I suppose.
Fair enough. Someone couldn’t say they haven’t been warned.
It’s a no from me too.

Cheers.

3 Likes

First Chefs order placed.
6 x 30mls
18 x 10mls

Shipped to the other side of the world for the total of £49.10, which according to my calculations is about $90 Aus.

I could have waited longer and will have to face the wrath of her who has to be obeyed but bugger it, I’m happy.

I could have bought some here but not in 10ml and I was quite ruthless in my culling from my first list… honestly.

7 Likes

I just received an email from Chefs thanking me for my first order and a code for a 20% discount on my next order.
Can’t fault that.

Once I nearly recover from the severe beating I’ll receive from her who wears the pants in the family I’ll utalise that code.
Could be hard with broken fingers and fractured eye sockets but it’s all for a good cause.

5 Likes

Your order for 6 x 30ml and 18 x 10ml is the equivalent of 36 x 10ml bottles. At $90 that works out to $2.50 per bottle including postage. You can’t get that sort of deal ordering local. Just remind the missus you’ve saved her money :innocent: Well done mate. Cheers.

7 Likes

I hadn’t calculated the price as such but did think that it was good considering what I ordered.
I should have listened to advice I’d already been given and used chefs before now.
The price did seem to drop from what I had calculated and presumed that’s their VAT being knocked off?
No idea but not complaining!

I do find it incredible that we can order some manufacturers concentrates from here but it’s cheaper to buy them from the UK including delivery.

Supply and demand or are Australians just being ripped off?
Again, no idea but I’m already compiling my next order which will have to wait but it will happen.

Actually I was just thinking I’ll have to go to Red Dot and buy another plastic clip top container.

I’ll try and pacify my financial advisor but my ears hurt already just thinking about it.

6 Likes

My Chefs order arrived today.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t just staring to get a little concerned but 16 days from Wales to Western Australia isn’t bad I don’t think.
All perfectly packaged with no leakage whatsoever.
According to the invoice no VAT was charged so I think that accounts for the unexpected price reduction.

I’ll list later what was bought but I’ve opened and had a sniff of them all.

One that has shocked me is one I bought on a whim for my son.
It’s one by a company called Fantasy called Pineapple Fizz and it smells very nice indeed.

Sitting here beaming from ear to ear and looking forward to ordering some more.

6 Likes

I’ll add the financial advisory department response was very subdued.
All I received was “do you really need that lot?” as I was smelling my haul.

My response could have demanded a more attacking delivery but no, I survived that too unscathed.
I only said “give me a break” but instantly thought I should quit while I’m ahead!

Fingers crossed for the next one.

7 Likes

Just returning to list my order.

1/ Horned Toffee- Inawera
2/Pineapple Fizz- Fantasy
3/ Lemon Cream Wafer- Chemnovatic
4/ Clotted Cream Fudge- Chefs Choice
5/ Devon Cream- Chefs Choice
6/ Digestive Biscuit- Chefs Choice
7/ Jammy Dogems- Chefs Choice
8/ Toffee Yogurt- Chefs Choice
9/ Condensed Caramel Milk- OOO
10/ Norwegian Ring Cake-OOO
11/ Strawberry Jam -OOO
12/ Cranberry Jam- SA
13/ Milky Caramel Fudge- SA
14/ Citrus Mate- VTA
15/ Blueberry Jam- VTA
16/ Orange Marmalade- VTA
17/ Banana Purée- WF
18/Vanilla RuyanCustard- WF
19/ Buttercream Frosting- WF
20/ Rum Baba- WF
21/ Calipitter Chow- Mom & Pops
22/TNT Tobacco- Mom & Pops
23/ Tobacco Praze- Mom & Pops
24/ Bubblegum- Flavormonks

I think that’s all of them.
I’ve done my usual research in trying to work out the correct percentages but any advice greatly received.
Thanks.

7 Likes

I thought I’d mention that I sampled the Fantasy Pineapple Fizz mentioned above and it’s terrible in my opinion.
I’ve seen pine cleaner mentioned by others when they talk about pineapple flavours and although I’ve never drank said cleaner I would imagine this is what it would taste like. The smell certainly doesn’t translate to the taste, put it that way.
I’ve mentioned in my notes that this will probably end up being used to clean the bathroom and I’m not joking, so if you’re thinking of buying it I wouldn’t bother. It’s put me off trying anything else from the line.

Why fizz is in the description fails me as it has absolutely nothing remotely coming anywhere near fizzy to me.

Just my opinion.

Edit…
I forgot to note to rub salt into the wound it also has some sort of coolant added to it which overpowers the whole taste. Absolutely no mention of that in anything I read before buying it which is unfortunate because if it had I wouldn’t have tried it.

3 Likes

You have just saved me from buying that flavour, thank you very much. I have the Fantasy Salted Caramel which I bought to mix a recipe with and it was decent in that and I have heard that their Eton Mess is pretty good but I wouldn’t know about the rest of their line and I don’t think I want to find out now either.

3 Likes

I can’t speak for the others and I too was tempted to try some more but I would avoid this one like the plague.

I always feel a bit guilty when I criticize a manufacturers hard work and for that I apologise to any that might ever read my ramblings.
But in the real world we all have individual tastes and I firmly believe that in regards to concentrates or juice brutal honesty is called for.

As ever you or anyone else may find this one magnificent but I certainly don’t.

3 Likes

I totally agree with you because what is the point of sharing your thoughts on a flavour if it is going to be through rose tinted glasses tiptoeing around the facts of what you really think of it. Please or offend, honesty is always the best policy in my eyes.

5 Likes

I keep looking at that one too, i also thought it was mint…hmmmm now im gonna go look at it again

3 Likes

dammit! now im stuck on this thread…i dont even remember what I was looking for now…

2 Likes