Chefs Super Concentrates Single Flavor Tests by SessionDrummer -- Testing Now!

Didn’t @Ken_O_Where just make up a MTL Looper recipe that you created ?

4 Likes

Ya i think so…The recipe was made for a Smok Novo

4 Likes

And boy is it delicious! I subbed Meringue (FA) for the sweetener he used. Also, i use it in one of them Caliburn A2’s because fiddy FORCED me into buying 10 of them, and 70 coils, by saying they were more betterer than the Novo. He wasnt wrong but my allowance is still suspended…

4 Likes

Lmao…Is that what you told the wife :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Yeah, and she just gave me that face, you know the one… Wait till she finds out i got 2 more A2’s and 5 more boxes of coils on the way, ill be wearing a cup for a few days…

8 Likes

I know that face very well.

I’m sure I’m going to cop it once in this coming week and again the week after.
However I have a strategy as I just noticed she done some online clothes shopping.

5 Likes

Peach Apricot (CSC) 1.5% (8-2-22) – This one took a bit to settle down in the SteamCrave RDTA before I could get a good look at it. Once it did, WOW. Simply, it was a perfect juicy, yellow peach, just ripened enough, and tempered with (you guessed it) a great Apricot. The pairing of the two was done pretty smartly, so the Peach was maybe 75% with 25% Apricot which really allowed the Peach to shine with JUST enough assist from the Apricot. Succulent, yellow, and juicy were my take always from the Peach, and the Apricot was very fresh, and had just enough punch to assist the peach. I’ve been using apricots to boost peaches for years, and it works really good if done right, and Chefs did it right with this one. Almost mid level sweet, felt really good and full @ 1.5%, and no off-notes could be found. The sweetness level was just below a “syrup” which would allow for even more uses. Overall it tasted VERY natural, with no artificial-ness. Even though it had only two main profiles, it could be solo’d without boredom or fatigue. Simply, and nicely done, and again, hard to mark down. If you’re in the market for a pre-boosted peach, you should try this out. To good to fault, and felt right @ 9.75/10.

9 Likes

Plum (CSC) 1.5% (8-5-22) – After a little Jury Duty delay, BACK on track with these reviews. I know @NeonKoala was waiting on this one. Good news was, it was WORTH the wait. This flavor really pushed what could be done, with a realistic Plum flavor. Very accurate, and natural tasting with nothing artificial about it. It centered more around the fleshy body of the Plum, but there was JUST enough of the slightly tart darker purple skin to keep it interesting. It was just above mid level sweet, and rock solid @ 1.5%. While suffering through my Jury summons LOL, I had time to really get into this one throughout multiple tankfuls, and it just stayed consistently accurate, tasty, and non-fatiguing. Again, Chef’s proves they can really get the fruit flavors right, and this one was more proof of that. No take-offs, with only a SLIGHT desire for a smidge more of the dark purple, tarty skin, but that was it. Easily a 9.5/10 here people.

11 Likes

Red Fruits (CSC) 1.5% (8-5-22) – If you read my review of Chef’s Forest Fruits, you know that Chef’s is getting REALLY good at fruit medleys. This one DID continue that trend. They billed this one as a mix of Raspberries, Strawberries, and Cherries. Dammit, that’s EXACTLY what it is. Now what was interesting here, was that there was NO real start of the show, and that kept it REALLY interesting. It was like all 3 were equally sized up, and mixed. Throughout numerous testers, at times you would get slightly more of one or another, and later it would be another one. VERY smartly mixed if I do say so. It did have an overal “red” hue if that makes sense, and all of the flavor profiles were very natural, with not a single off note, floral, or medicinal note to be found, which IS saying something, especially with Raspberries, and Cheffies. Because they were so evenly combined, nailing down EXACTLY the type of each was almost impossible, but summed together, they worked perfectly, and a sea of Red Fruit. Sweetness was just below mid level, and it was great @ 1.5%. I’m matching this score to the aforementioned Forest Fruits @ 9.8/10.

12 Likes

RY Castle (CSC) 1.5% (8-6-22) – OK, maybe I SHOULDN’T admit this, but I will. I loaded it into my trusted SteamCrave RDTA v.1, and JUST started to taste test, and take my notes, and WHAMMO, I put my rig down, and IMMEDIATELY mixed up a 60ml. Now, why in the hell would I do that ?? Well, in a word, WOW. This one WAS a showstopper. Typically I’m not a bacco vaper, and some can argue whether or not RY’s are, or are not baccos, but this one really wowed me. It presented (as billed) as a slightly roasted bacco, with much, MUCH more. Chef’s billed it as having a milky coconut and caramel, and that seemed accurate, but I kept almost getting a delicious grahamy/bakery rush with every taste. Yes, I could pick out the coco, and cara, but as a whole it really took on an entirely profile. The bacco did have an almost roasted, slightly darkened note, and at times I almost got a slight nutty undertone. After two full testers, it became obvious this one one of, if not THE, top flavor in this run. Absolutely in One-Shot /Standalone territory here. Just below mid level sweet, perfectly full at 1.5%, and I could find NOTHING I didn’t like with this one, not even a teeny nit pick. The reaction I had to this reminded me of when I tested Sobucky’s Caramel Biscuit. All in, it was a creamy, roasted bacco with light nutty undertones, swirling in a gravy of coconut, and caramel, with some great graham/bakery undertones. 10/10, no other choice.

14 Likes

Strawberry Jam (CSC) 1.5% (8-5-22) – Getting near the end of this series, and a HUGE fan of the Jam, I was looking forward to jamming it up with this one. Now, with that said, this one did not entirely get me to Jammy Street. It was a VERY good strawberry, WITH some lighter jammy notes, BUT, the majority of the experience was almost a “fluffy” strawberry. I know, I know, WTF right ? Not a whipped strawberry, not creamed, but it had this very light and almost fluffy taste to it. For my needs (and current favs) I need a sharp, punchy, almost pectin-y note which solidifies something as a Jam, and this one just didn’t seem to have that. There were HINTS, but no main notes to that effect. A great strawberry still, and it leaned 60/40 from natural to artificial. Maybe even a somewhat strawberry pink candy will help better describe it. It clocked in at about mid-level sweet, and was very present @ 1.5%, and no off notes could be found. For a Jam, I don’t think it works well, but as an almost Pink Strawberry Candy, it excelled. With some take offs for lack of jam, jam, jammy-ness, this felt good at 7/10.

9 Likes

Thanks for that as I think I’ll give the strawberry jam a miss then. I’m actually contented with a couple that I’ve already got anyway. Seems strange to be saying that considering the depth of this rabbit hole but at least it’s the excuse I need for now.
However the RY Castle review has peaked my interest so nothing really gained as I’m just going to put that on my wishlist now.

Edit… we’ll there you go. After just logging on to Chefs I thought I’d have a quick look at my wishlist and I’ve already put it on there but just forgotten. Wish I was that perceptive with the lottery numbers.

4 Likes

This is tempting.

4 Likes

no one can stop SessionDrummer ?
now i will have to order again some CSC, those red fruits, the peach/abricot, the RY, the hazelnut cream and the DLC
who’s gonna to pay for that ? not him for sure !

6 Likes

Hehe @izkolouk, Sorry, and thank you, at the same time.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

thank you for the great job you are doing.
those CSC flavours are great, cheap and economic, i’m using some of them for few weeks now and i’m very satisfied.

6 Likes

You’re very welcome @izkolouk, thank you.

4 Likes

Wafer (CSC) 1.5% (8-9-22) – This flavor required some additional testing, to try and fully flush it out. At first, I did indeed get a Waffle Cone-ish flavor, but there seemed to be something else, that was along for the ride, that was a little tough to nail down. 2 tester tanks later, it really felt like a “weighty” bakery, almost a carrot cake-ish element, that was tempering the waffle cone. Now it wasn’t bad by any means, but it was that “other” element/elements that kept distracting me from the Waffle Cone, errrrr, Wafer. The waffle cone/wafer flavor was fairly spot on, below mid level sweet, and although recessed in the overall mix, was actually quite good. A THIRD tester tank down, trying to better narrow down the “bakery element” just kept presenting almost as a carrot cake-ish, brown bread, almost heavy/dense bakery that was swirling around WITH a nice Waffle Cone / Wafer. Overall it was actually a pretty good, AND interesting flavor, but I have to admit the “other” elements, did distract from the namesake profile. I have had some great success with Waffle Cones, so I know a great one when I taste it. This felt fairly placed @ 7.1/10.

8 Likes

I didn’t pick up that one but it sorta makes me think Chefs is sourcing their raw ingredients from SSA, sounds like it may have some Crisp Waffle in it :man_shrugging:
When I tested the CSC VIC it screamed SSA blend👌

6 Likes

I wish I had tested their Crispy Waffle because I could have def. answered that. Could it have been an almost whole wheat (denser than a Belgian) Waffle in there ?? Absolutely could have @Rocky02852.

5 Likes