China shipments / Virus / PMTA

ROFLMAO you mean I’m not immortal?!?!? Yeah it’s a running joke between us now, because her retro blue jean jacket had the scent of leather and she didn’t tell me if was from China until AFTER she asked me to smell it.

4 Likes

Public Health could tell me the Black Plague was returning and I wouldn’t believe them these days, these are the same idiots that are telling people vaping is going to kill you.

3 Likes

Meh … I’m more worried about the fear mongering that the disease itself. Did you know that when you stress out about stuff, you are much more likely to get sick and have a much more difficult time healing? Yeah, your immune system is one of the first things that is attacked by simple stress.
The flu kills more people than corona… just don’t worry, take care of your health and you’ll be fine. And one day, everyone has to die. If it’s because of a flu or a stroke or whatever, … you better make sure you’ve enjoyed your happy days on this earth and not gone through it worrying about every single thing that is not under your control.

Chill dude, maybe you should smoke that legal joint. Heh… now I get it :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Didn’t post to stoke fear or complacency about the virus. The post was merely just about the shipment delays currently in place in China, due to the virus there. Everyone has an opinion about the risks of the bug, politics, evolution, revolution, pollution, etc… -Just clarifying my intent here
-Cheers

10 Likes

I agree with your @HVPGH opinions !! :smiley:

Yes it could put a crimp into everything, and with the pmtas coming due… its a scary picture to even think on. I really hope folks are prepared. Learn to mix, wrap your coils safely and keep moving on… is all we have… :slight_smile:

6 Likes

No shortage of wire or organic cotton on the web. I’ve probably got a few years stock anyway.

6 Likes

There was never any doubt bud. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m about a month and a week now from Geekvape, hope their all still kicking over there.

1 Like

My stuff from FastTech says shipped but there is no movement via USPS.

2 Likes

I’ve got a FT order that’s been “ready to ship” since mid January. Gotta love quarantines.

2 Likes

How long ago did you order? Most of the lead times I have orders on are just short of a month.

3 Likes

Feb 6th, I think.

2 Likes

Ordered about the same time. Following their tracking it was shipped two days later. Just checked and it hit customs in California.

3 Likes

Mine says it’s been accepted.

2 Likes

I ran out of wire and ordered one through AliExpress. Now, I am having second thoughts about accepting the order. Do you guys thing accepting the order once it’s eventually arrives poses a risk?

3 Likes

I found one article that states it can “linger” on surfaces for up to around 9 days. This is a best guess. Testing is in progress.

3 Likes

So, it’s better I just decline to the order, right?

3 Likes

Most shipments take 30 days. I really don’t know how to advise.

4 Likes

Not a Doctor but I think it will be fine - you could always put some gloves on and wash the wire in alcohol or similar if it really is a concern

5 Likes

No.
There shouldn’t be any concern. Just watched a video last night by Matt from SMM who evidently had to look into this exact point recently (as I’m sure he’s been getting a barrage of questions on it), and like Ogre (who always strives to pass on information that is accurate to the best of his ability) his research also found references to the ‘9 day’ data. However, Matt clarified that what he found (from a more recent study on the current version H7N9 Coronavirus) was that it is being reported as only having a 5 day shelf life, on a perfect surface (read as non-porous) AND under ideal controlled conditions.
Meaning IE: steady temp, right humidity, etc, etc.

Never mind the fact that you would be penalizing the vendor for your errant ordering… Add in, if FedEx, UPS, or USPS thought it was unsafe (yes, just the box itself), then they wouldn’t allow their employees to handle them for fear (not of their employees health, but) of the lawsuits that would almost invariably follow…

All information is subject to the mercy of the accuracy of the source though. Life is just that way nowadays.

8 Likes